Power Rear Window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b thomas 2

Reaction score
:(

The power rear window on the Sport Trac is no longer a standard featureon the new 2007 model. It becomes an optional feature in the Summer of 2006. I have all ready cancelled my order on my new sport trac and will not reorder it until I know this feature is for sure available. The power rear window will not be able to be retrofitted for those Sport Tracs all ready made and ordered without this feature, as it involves the window, wiring, and a switch on the dash, that do not exist in those vehilces without this option.

I spoke with our Ford Regional Rep and she said she did not think this optional feature would be avilable until Job 2 in Summer 06. She said there is an outside chance that it will be made available prior to this summer, but she said not to count on that. The standard rear window is a fixed glass and this is what will be on all vehilces built prior to Job 2.

This sucks to find this out, as this has been a great selling feature of this vehicle for us and is one of the features I like so much about mine!

At least they recognized that it should be an optional feature, finally!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It SHOULD be standard equipment. That's what makes it a Sport Trac. I am begining to think Ford is loosing touch with reality just like GM.

Have some faith, I think Ford is reading this board very closely with recent press releases etc.. :)

power rear window is one feature that makes our ST's unique. It should remain as standard equipment. It is my one of my favorite feature on my ST :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Folks - I need my '07 right now, therefore, it is already ordered. Here is the question: Who or what can guarantee me that the power rear window will be available this summer? If I knew this for sure, I would cancel my order and wait. But my fear is that after waiting another 5 or 6 months, the Power Rear Window would still not be available.....Anyone have a contact that can make this guarantee????? Thanks!!

Not to make the decision any more difficult for you BT but I also would hold off until the power rear window was available. I agree that this is a very unique and desirable feature of our ST's.

Hasnt anyone read the previous messages about the rear window. Ford did not have enough time to get the crash tests/safety issues resolved to have the rear sliding window in the 2007 Tracs. We knew right from the start that the Job 2's are suposed to get the sliding window.

You are all acting like this is news. Give me a break!

Tom

If all you want is a power rear window and a V8, get a Toyota - the entire window goes down, not just the center piece. The only thing unique, as mentioned above, is that it is a smaller window.

grump

BT,

It is available for Job 2 as an option. I have dropped my order and will be reordering my Sport Trac later this spring when I know it will be built during Job 2. Our ordering guides show that it is available this summer and our Ford Divisional Rep. said that it could be offered sooner, but will be offered as an option this summer during Job 2, for sure!!

Hey Tom, relax. No, I'm new to this site, and I did NOT KNOW about all the previous postings about the window. In the future, I'll try to ask only questions that EVERYBODY knows the answers to.;)

eventhough Ford may have looked past one of the "original" sport trac features that were big selling points to us all...the "new" sport tracs are almost fully redesigned, offering more options to wet the palate than the rear window, it's just a matter of whether or not some of us can wait...because when the new trac has been in production for a few years I'm sure there will be other options that kinda sprout up for them.

It'd be awesome if Ford designed a single piece power rear window (like the Tundra). Single piece rear windows look really slick.

Latest posts