Power outage, I'm bored

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
So a some what big "wind storm" came through my town last night and wa-la, no power. They expect the power to be out until around 11:59pm Sunday....perfect. My Trac was parked outside last night, but it held up great. I had to pull off a couple branches off of her, but there was no damage THANK GOD! The largest branch landed on the bed cover and only scratched it a little.....so much better then messing up the paint/body. So I am at work wondering what in the world I am going to do with my 3 dogs and 2 cats for the weekend. The city has no power, so I can not kennel them, and it is SO HUMID. I think the noblest thing to do here is suffer with them with no power. My animals are my children and I could not leave them to suffer alone. Ok I am done now, how is everyone else?

Bootsy,

if you have cages to transport them, you can put them in the back of the trac and take them for a ride to get some air flow or A/C.

Yeah I am going to have to take them for a ride soon, it is pretty humid & hot right now. They ride pretty good too, so no cages needed. They just sit right up and like to get buckled in. They like the Trac better then any other car they have ridden in....the others they would hunker down in the floor board and shake, but not in the Trac. They seem quite proud to be riding in the ST. So looks like I have quite a few rides to go on this weekend. The kitties can hang in the basement, they seem to like it down there anyways. I would prefer not to go to a hotel with the dogs though, but I will if it gets terribly bad.

Bootsy,

you can also give them.....a bath....yup i said it. That will keep them cool for short period of time

We had the same problem but surprisingly we didn't lose power. A town about 10 miles to the east of us, Kirkwood, IL., got what they estimated at 100mph straight line winds. Power lines and trees down all over town. They are only letting residents with a legal ID in it's so bad.

Well I totally lucked out. I got home and the power turned on right when I stepped in the door. I am guessing since the main hospital is right around the corner, they got this area running first. I hope everyone else can get theirs on soon.

That is great. I also live in an area that is power dependent, schools and industry. It usually doesnt stayoff long.:cool: