Power locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric kohring

Reaction score
I have a wierd one... my drivers side door power lock will not unlock either from the inside control or the keypad it will unlock using the door handle tho

some where I saw a post about this and it was in regard to a spring that was broken and needs to be replaced..

does anyone remember this or have any suggestions

Thanks for all the help this site is great and helped me with spark plug replacemnets and also replacing shocks (after 123000 on the orginal I figured it was time)

Check the rivet holding the power lock motor to the door (circled below). My passengers side was gone when I bought my trac and I fixed it when I figured it out, then just two weeks ago My drivers side rivet was gone. I fixed it with a 1/4"x20 bolt & nut.[Broken External Image]:

Eric, I posted the same issue on 4/16/10 at 12:59 if you want to look it up. I will try to attach a link but not sure if I know how. Good luck

http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1246352&LAST=4/16/2010_12:59:49_PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts