Power Door locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan bishop

Reaction score
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac base

4dr at

Doors lock from drivers door and passenger door will not unlock from either. I have tried new switches and drivers door actuator. I have power to the switches and to the actuator. Any help appreciated. I am stumped. I have checked fuses and for broken wires in all 4 door jams.

Aloha, Try the keypad on the drivers door and the key-fob. Do you hear it trying to move? Maybe you need to clean the pathways so everything can move easily.

Another thing to check is whether the locking mechanism is still riveted to the door. My drivers door rivet broke and I could barely get the door to unlock enough to get the door open. The place to check is about halfway down the door near the edge of the plastic of the door panel. If you think this might be a possibility and have a question with what I mean, I can run out and take a picture for you.

I put two new help acutuators in my 2001 and they worked for three weeks and then failed...you should be able to test the actuator by connecting it before you reassemble..

my point is, the after market stuff is probably not good..i had bought four extra doors for my trac as my drivers was rusting..i put these actuators in and have not had any trouble..

is it making any noise at all?

Aside from lower ball joints, front sway bar end links, and PCV elbows, door latch springs also belong in this group.

I do not have a key fob (base unit) and do not know the code for the keypad entry. I can manually unlock the door no problem, the actuator moves freely.

Latest posts