Polyurethane Body Mount bushings?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for polyurethane body mount bushings? I have searched everywhere on the net, and have turned up nothing except poly body mount bushings for doing a body lift. Looks like I will have to go with OEM body mount bushings unless someone can come up with a source. Thanks.

Yes, ES does have quite a bit of stuff. I called ES and talked to their tech support; they said that they had nothing for the Gen 1 ST as far as body mount bushings. I've also checked Prothane's web site, and others. That's is why I am posing the question.

Rodger,

I have been looking myself. The only ones I have come across are made by ES and sold by CS Discount Car Parts Stuff but they are classified as Universal. The tech support does not seem to know much about whether or not they will fit. {Universal SKU E1294102G @$24.96 for a set of 2} I have spoken to several Garages and Mechanics, seems like they can't find the polyurethane mounts to fit either. Right now I am so leaning towards getting these universal ones and trying them. I seriously do not want to go back to the OEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodger, I think member Greg Grimes, bought some poly stock and made his own. He hasnt been on the board in awhile. Might do a search for his email.

Last time I spoke with him. We had lunch over a year ago. He had just bought an old Fiat 2 door coupe, canvas roof. Smaller than a beetle and 2 cylinder motor cycle motor. I was thinking of him the other day. Wondering how the restoring was going. He wanted it for a parade car to go with his model T.

He is a nice guy. Im sure he wouldnt mind you contacting him.

Just do your part for the enviroment and collect all the tire carcasses laying on the freeway. Get a Hole saw and start cutting holes in them. Take the cut-outs and stack them on top of each otherand you have a laminated Nylon/Kevlar bushing that will last damn near forever.

Then tell me how it goes, I was just courious if it would work.

Latest posts