POLL: Would you buy a wrecked vehicle?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Hayes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to do a poll for the question, would you knowingly buy a wrecked vehicle that was repaired?

A simple yes or no will do, but add comments if you like.

Thanks!!

It depends on price and wether the frame was involved. Additionally the quality of the repair is paramount. For the same price, obviously I'd pick one that was not damaged.

Yes, if I knew what had been repaired and how. I have purchased them before from a friend that fixed them up. I was able to watch the entire process.

I have one right now. Not the ST. ;) Had it ~2 years and put ~45k on it, no problems at all.... knock on wood.

I have, One was a motorcycle, and the car. The motorcycle I fixed my self, the car was from a friends body shop, so I knew who fixed it...

IF you don't know who did the work, i would say STAY AWAY!!

Todd Z

Yes. My 92 Tbird was wrecked when I bought it ($800) and have had it for 4 years and no problems. I drive the car everyday to work and back. Been a great car so far.:D

To many here, there is no simple "Yes" or "No" answer to the question. Many will say "No" immediately, while those who say "Yes" tend to qualify their "Yes" only if they knew who did the repairs or if the frame was not bent, etc.

...Rich

Honestly, when you buy a used car, you take the chance it was wrecked.

Case in point, Theresa, back in 2001 wrecked her Pontiac. $10,000 damage. She had a choice, rebuild it or total it. Due toi financial reasons, she chose to hyave it repaired. i was in Europe and she just purchased a house.

It drives as godd as new and to the untrained eye, read 99% of the people, you would never know it.

The accident was on private property and no citation was issued. 100% her fault though.

Carfax does not show the accident.

How many people have a body shop inspect a used vehicle before they buy to check for signs of an accident?

Tom

Latest posts