Please Don't Drink and Drive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score
I have deliberately placed this in the "Rants" category because I believe it belongs there.

This is a montage of 30 years of Anti-drinking and driving campaign ads. Its also some of the most realistic I have seen and I have seen far more collisions that I care to remember. Please watch this and share it with your teens but PLEASE................no youngsters.

Thank You and be safe this holiday season and everyday. Someone, somewhere loves you and needs you.

Gerry Mac

This ends my Rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, and I wish we would have the balls enough in the states to show these. Instead, we show cutsey ones, not about what can happen when you crash (I meant when, not if), we show that you could get busted by the cops.:smile0008:

But, I read it in the papers every day, someone gets pulled over, they get a ticket, and off they go back home. Rarely do you hear about them getting arrested. We are so lame about it here, 'because everyone does it'.

My rant is over too.:smile0003:

gerry,

EXCELLENT POST !!!!!!

appreciate your reminder to everyone.

i have ZERO tolorence for drinking & driving. when i was working the late night shift i saw way to many drunk drivers and accidents.

NO EXCUSES, DON'T DO IT :smile0008:

if you do, i hope you get caught !!!!

Localy we had a guy busted 2 days ago, DWI. Get this. This is his 11th arrest. He has been to prison in the past. Texas will only void your license for 2 yrs.

That probably dont matter to people like him anyway.:smile0008:

To me a person that has killed another because of drinking and driving is no better than a person that kills another with a weapon. Drunk drivers have a choice to drive and kill, just like a person has the choice to pull the trigger and kill. Drunk drivers should meet the same consequences - The Death Penalty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drunk drivers should meet the same consequences - The Death Penalty!

Only works if your state has that...and you feel like waiting around for it to go into effect.

A guy I grew up with had 100% damning evidence to a violent murder he committed in Georgia, but for reasons that were essentially political, the judge switched him and the other 2 "contenders" for death row into life without the possibility of parole.

(Life, whaddya mean life?! I ain't got a life!)

DWI is stupid, I agree, but when the bars are miles from houses, what do you expect? When the drinking age is 3 years later than it should and people have to drink illegally at parties, and then have to drive to get home, what do you expect to happen? We're never going to get rid of it--and death penalties won't do much to scare people when they're wasted.

BTW, I finally got around to trying the Cap'ns Parrot Bay, and everyone is correct--it is great on its own. (but then, what spiced/flavored distilled sugar product isn't?) :smile0006:

Being a recovering alcoholic and addict, I want to thank you for posting that. I was one of the very lucky few to not get into an accident or have any legal issues(DWI). I don't mean to sound hypocritical, but many people don't take into consideration that thier actions have consequences when they are under the influence. Driving being the biggest one. Thanks Gerry. BC :smile0006:

Same thing around here. Repeat/multiple DUI offenders are just given another six months of probation and put back on the street, even if they are also caught driving without a license.

After two offenses, it is time to ramp up serious jail time.

:smile0003::::smile0008:

In May of 1989, I lost an uncle to a drunk driver. The driver was in a jacked up Chevy Blazer and crossed the median. The drunk driver walked away while my uncle never regained consciousness. It happened in Beaumont. He only got a year for vehicular homicide and DUI--and he had priors! I personally have ZERO tolerance for people that have so little respect as to jeopardize lives that way!

Drunk Drivers are americans with disabiltys, thus they get off.

i have worked with Doctors so loaded with drugs, they could barely walk, yet they operate, and can still practice medicine.

I saw this on a karting forum I visit. I showed it to most of my employees, mostly the kitchen crew, 2 of whom have DUI convictions, before our holiday party. Thanks for posting it here. I too believe that commercials like this should be shown on TV in this country on a regular basis.

Bill Barber said:
Drunk Drivers are americans with disabiltys, thus they get off.

Sorry, I have to push the "bullshit button" on that one. Of course, if you want to quote an article or news story where a drunk driver somehow got off claiming they had a disability, I'll eat my words.

Bill also said:
i have worked with Doctors so loaded with drugs, they could barely walk, yet they operate, and can still practice medicine.

If you witness this and do nothing then you can be held legally responsible should a patient get harmed due to their actions. If I were in your position I would be a "whistle blower" in a second. I couldn't work for or with doctor's that put people in harms way like that and do nothing.

TJR

In my 32 years in working in health care, I've never encountered an MD or RN that's been noticeably affected by drugs or alcohol on the job. I've run across a couple of drunk X-ray techs, whom I quickly reported to administration. I knew a couple of docs who were just plain incompetent, but never drunk or high while working.

Mark K,

Thanks. Keep up the good work. If you see wrong doing, report it. That goes for everyone.

The moment we accept stuff like this is the moment we get exactly what we deserve...and have no one but ourselves to blame.

TJR

Latest posts