Please Don't Drink and Drive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drunk Drivers are americans with disabiltys, thus they get off.

I am sorry but that absolutely will NOT fly in Canada.

I did have one guy I charged with Impaired Driving causing death attempt a defense of "no intent" He claimed he was so drunk he could not form the intent to commit the criminal act. Intent is necessary in Canadian Criminal Code. He blew 4.0 and 4.6 on the Breathalyzer. Most people would die at levels like that.

BTW, he struck a lady pushing a stroller in a pedestrian corridor and killed them both. This was his 5th conviction for impaired.

Need I tell you that that defense DID NOT prevail. He was sentenced to 12 years in Federal Penitentiary. That is NOT getting off.

Gerry Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Barber said:
TJR, you have not a clue

Alcholisim and drug addiction is rampant amoung Medical proffesionals.

I have many clues. I never claimed anything about the degree of alcoholism and drug addiction among medical professionals.

I simply stated that anyone in that profession witnessing such dangerous behavior has a legal and ethical duty to report it, and if they don't, then they are part of the problem. The degree of the problem has no bearing in what one's response to the problem should be.

I would hope you would agree with that.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill's right. My family owns a drug and alcohol rehab center. Most of our patients are either doctors or airline pilots. Tell me that's not frightening.

Dingo,

That tells me that it is people in those two professions that probably seek help more than others.

I never said Bill was wrong about there being a problem.

Glad to see there are those here (and their family members) that are helping those affected deal with the problem.

TJR

Well, they have to seek help or risk loss of their licenses. Our rehab center is kind of a high-end no-insurance place, so it's mostly well-to-do folks being treated.

Latest posts