Playing with tire sizes......input needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok, the Tires on my 03 are getting worn out and I want to play around with the tire size but cant seem to find any thing..

I have the OEM 255/70/16 and i want to do the + 1 -1 on the tires.

I wanted to run a wider and shorter tire to add more overall gear to the truck But then i don't want the huge wheel well space !!!!

I also don't want to lower the truck.......

So i was thinking on something like a 265/65 or a 275/60 but cant find any thing on line..

IS any one running these oddball sizes ??? Or know if they even exist ??

Thanks in advance !!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Like having your cake and eating it too.

If you want to run shorter tires but don't want the gap you have to lower it. If you don't want to lower it you have to run taller tires.:boohoo: You could "channel" the body/bed down over the frame ..... I think not.

Do your tire comparisons here and see what you come up with.

Gee thanks.,.... Ouch....

Todd Z

I've used that calculator before and it's a good tool. With my stock 235 75R15's I'm looking to go up an inch or so in diameter to match the larger diameter of the stock 16's

However, I believe the tire prices on that site are very high and you should be able to price them lower elsewhere.

Hey Todd,

I'm not running these sizes but after typing in 275/60/16 in to google, I came up with Toyo Proxies in that size so you might have better luck with that size as it is unofficially a SUV performance tire.

Hope that helps

Mike

I ran 265/70-16's on a Ranger I used to have. They're out there because it was OE size on Dodge Durangos.

If you having trouble finding them, don't waste your time. Chances are they will be more difficult to find down the road, if say you had an irreparable flat. I run 275/60r17's and variety isn't that great. I would avoid hard to finds.

Latest posts