pictures of burned up trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes!

Won't they be able to determine where the fire was started by the area with the most damage or something? The fender close to the firewall on the driver's side looks the worst. Those are some pretty scary pictures.

Jason, your right. Your Trac looks worse than my burnt Dakota Sport. Glad you are OK. That composite bed doesn't hold up well to high temperatures.

Sad to see such a nice ST go up in flames. Too bad that isn't covered under warranty. I really think the lemon laws should be changed to cover a one-time incident like this, instead of making us use our insurance to cover a catastrophic manufacturers defect like this.

Thank goodness no one was injured in this incident.

Jason I'm glad you're OK! That truck is material and you will always have the chance to get another. A life is different.

Curious about the cause though. Something to look out for. Now I think I'll definitely thrown an extinguisher back there.

OMG, I would sit next to it for the next 3 days crying.

Glad you're okay, not fun sittin in the hot seat.

Be sure to post an update with the cause please.

However long it took for the FD to respond, there obviously wasn't anything left to save by the time they got there. I missed the original post. What did they say caused it? Based on personal experience, usually you don't see anything burned that severe unless fuel was involved. ie: leaking fuel line, faulty fuel pump, etc. Electrical fires are usually very slow moving and stay in one area.

Any chance it still runs? If so, drive it down the highway--you can re-enact the scene from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

I think it is rediculous that a persons warranty would have to cover this. It was a Ford problem, and Ford should be responsible. I think I'd argue that fact if I were in the position, rather than deal with a high insurance claim and eventually higher rates. I'd tell my insurance company to go after Ford.

Sorry this happened, and I'm very glad you are okay.

<a href="http://www.zjstech.net/~library/14611/trac%20002.jpg" target="_blank">This</a> really illustrates which parts of the ST are metal and which are plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts