Picked up switches, please help on wiring for In-Dash DVD! SEE PICS!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use the two reds ones just fine.

It doesn't matter which side gets what wire, switches don't care.

With the two switches, you'll be able to go into the "secure" mode just fine.

I have the D-300 from Alpine, and I've got a momentary push button and a toggle switch. When I want to go into the "secure" mode, I press and hold the momentary switch, flip the toggle switch from off, to on, back to off, then release the momentary button and I'm good to go.

If you do that and the unit doesn't want to go into the "secure" mode, start with the non-momentary switch in the opposite position that you had it the first time (if it was out, then start the procedure with the switch pused in).

Oh, and the push-button needs to be hooked to GROUND, like tracn said, not power. That was my problem to begin with...I had both hooked to power when the toggle needed to be hooked to ground.

I'm about to go eat dinner and won't be on for a few hours, hopefulyl you'll have it figured out by then. I know it took me about a week, lots of phone calls, and several trips to a buddy to get mine to work, but now that I know how it's done....easy as pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it all up and running, thank you so much you guys... Expecially Tiger and Tracnblack...

I truely appreciate it.

Now, how do I get music videos to run on there? :)

Ill post some pics tonight, gunna do a good detail and show off some of my new mods, there are plenty, including a couple body mods ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't believe i found this link. and i wasn't even looking for it but needed it.

and after reading and reviewing it over and over i did it.

it actually wasnt that hard at all.

rob

Latest posts