Picked up my new ride today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Picked up a new to me ride. 2012 HD Road Glide Custom. Less than 12k miles on it. For $3k less than book.

Thanks to Bob C. for his info and email help. As he has one like it.

Edit; the intake and exhaust has been upgraded. The ecu has a stage 2 program.

Edit; Added pic

6a2f394f1d33816e200beeffe77e8144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, nice looking bike. Very clean lines, the way a bike should look.

Could you tell me what size wheels and tires you put on your truck? They look slightly larger than original, but have a nice look.

And Thank You for your service. I'm assuming you were MAC SOG? I have a brother-in-law that was SF in Viet Nam.

Robert,

My wheels are 18"x9" with 0 offset, Enkei RTS. Out of production I think.

Tires are 265-60/18 cooper discoverer HT/Plus. The coopers have a 9" footprint. Other brands have less. The tires are great. No noise smooth on the highway and rated extra load.

Yes I was 3yrs regular Army and 22 months in 'Nam with Mac-Sog, '70 to '72. Your B-inlaw might have recieved some of his mission orders from Sog. Depending on his rank and clearance, if he would have known that.

Very nice Eddie, congrats. :supercool:

Just be careful, too many distracted idiots on the road. :angry:

Eddie - Thanks for that info. Just a couple more questions:

Did you get any turning/clearance issues with that tire size?

And was that direct bolt to hub, no spacers or anything?

Thanks again, Robert

Robert,

Direct bolt battern, no spacers. I only get a slight rub when turning left on an incline, with steering fully left. Back side of left tire rubs the plastic inner fender. Not enough to cause any damage or problems. Normal street level no rubing. Iam at stock ride hieght.

IMO any wheel that is 18" and 9" wide at 0 offset. Is a perfect fit with 265/60-18 tire. If you have the 4:10 rear gears. The speedo stays acurrate, as the tire diameter is the same. As the factory 255/70-16 tire. The white letter tires in my library are BFG long trail, but only 7.5" footprint.

I like the 18" wheel because I still have some air cushion between, rim and ground.

Check the ENKEI web site. I heard the RTS wheel might be back in production.

Good luck in your search for a new look.

The wheels are actually 18x8.5, 0 offset, but that's a fairly small difference. :grin:

Definitely be careful out there on the bike, Eddie... I was involved in a major accident on my bike back in March and am still not 100%, nor will I ever be again. For that matter, I've got what I'm hoping will be my last surgery on Monday. My wife and I were riding home from dinner on a small road outside of town and just as we were passing a group of 5 or 6 cars going the opposite direction one of the cars turned left into his neighborhood and we went head on at about 50 MPH. I broke both arms and my left leg, and had a major laceration to my right thigh as well as damage to the knee, broke my nose, fractured an orbital socket and crushed a testicle. I spent 10 days in the ICU, then 2 weeks in a nursing and rehab facility and was in a wheelchair for almost 2 months. Totaled my bike, as well as the Acura MDX (SUV) that hit us. Miraculously, my wife who was on the back, only got some scrapes and bruises. Thankfully, we both had our full-face helmets on that night.

Yikes Dan,

Its hard for me to say glad your ok. 'Cause that much damage, nonthing will be 100%. I had a crash on my first Harley. Broke my right ankle. It still hurts.

I hope the other driver is taking care of all things. It has been some years, but the cycle defensive driving is comming back or never left. I just not need to get complacecent.

The Road Glide had two large, high and low combo beams. I run with them on high in daylight. That doesnt' help stupid or drunk drivers though.

Latest posts