Photos of new exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Gavin motivated me to get out there and take these.

Before

[Broken External Image]:

After

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It all worked out pretty well (except for the headers, I thought I had enough room). Sounds really great! Power is definately improved. Yes, one muffler, dual in/ dual out. Hope these help. Bob

Looks really great...:banana:

May I ask how much and where you got it done?

Did the muffler have to be modified....or does it come two in, two out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!! Clean looking instalation. The tips are a nice touch. I like the look. :supercool:

Is the muffler X-piped cross over internaly? If so that will eqaulize exhaust pulse. For best scavenging.

Now we need a sound file...LOL:banana:

Sound cllip ????

Todd Z

Don't really know how to do a video with sound and get it on the site! I'll try to figure it out soon.

Norm, Lets just say I spent enough (approx: $1350). I bought all the big items, cats, muffler and tips, Mieneke did the install. The muffler is a Magnaflow unit and is made dual in/out.

Eddie, Yes, it is basically a straight through muffler with a perforated core called "Tru-X" to stabilize the exhaust pressures. Bob

Cool, If we meet up i can record for ya !!

Now need a track run to make sure the problem was the exhaust...

Todd Z

perforated core called "Tru-X" to stabilize the exhaust pressures

Excellent..That is the same one I will use if I go true duels on my '04.

I have a project in mind. Problem is the parts are already making it exspensive.

Have the patern for the flange. For the y-pipe connection. I will need 2 magna-flo offset-offset cats, X-pipe for the O2 bung. Muffler like yours. Tubing, tips and labor. It will add up to $$$$?????.LOL

Before I buy anything. I need to find a shop, that will do the non oem cat replacement.

Getting harder in my county. To find those willing. My county is one of the strictest in Texas.

Where did you find the best price for your magaflo cats?

Sorry if Im hijacken. Your post reminded me of my idea.

Looks awsome!! Nice job. Im still planning to put 2 pipes out the back on my adrenalin. But i am only going to do from the muffler back. Im jealous!!

:supercool:

Bob,

For sound, you could just record a short video and upload it to YouTube, then link or embed it in a post here.

Eddie,

Randomtech will make you a bolt in cat pipe, 2 pipes off the y pipe, crossover, o2 bung and leave you the 2 ends to continue the duals......

It was about 50 or 100 bucks more then the RT high flow rear cat they sell now......

Just an idea

Todd Z

Sorry you had header issues - Boost Brothers (out of business) made a mustang set that were modified around the towers - took 3-4 days in the shop and $$$ - Not worth the power gain for the headache - I think you did a great job - Any drone? As soon as we blew out the MagnaFlow, I went with this same muffler but into a Y to keep the factory look - great muffler, no drone! lets the sync work again - lol

If you saw he post - were are maxed at 8.18 boost because of the swift flow of the exhaust so there is a downside - a few more psi and we might have scored 500 to the rollers -

Latest posts