Perspective

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lady that I used to work with, at the Army Corps of Engineers, volunteered to go to Afganistan for her second time. She is home on R&R, and I saw her in church today. The thing that I wanted to share here is that when Obama became our President elect people over there were comming up to her and congratulating her on our new President. It is not just about the removal of Bush, it is more than that. I feel it is a shift in global consciousness.

Yeah, people congratulated me as well here in Poland. Most of the Polish people don't realise how good Bush was for them though. He has made some big promises to help Poland, but those may not take place now.

Of course, what most want from the US is to lift the requirement for tourist VISAs. They are one of only a handful of counties in Europe that can't just fly into the US. There are a lot of Poles living in the US, especially around Chicago, and it takes an act of God to get a VISA to visit them.

Well I had a similar experience overseas, people would tell me they liked Clinton, I would ask why, and there would be silence. I would present them with facts on why I didnt like clinton, they would get emothional and the conversation would end. They are not in any better position to judge our leaders than we are theirs. I wont use afganistan as an example, how about england, did things "feel" different when Tony Blair stepped down and Gordon Brown took over? Ok well great, it is nice that people like obama better than bush, lets see what changes. I just hope hillary doesnt encounter anymore sniper fire.

My prediction is more apeasment and someone will have to clean up the mess obama leaves behind just like bush had to clean up after clinton.

That being said, it is a free country, you can say whatever you want, if that is your "Perspective" fine, but I think it is ignorant and arrogant. Obama is not a messiah. I dont believe he is even religious beyond it furthering his political career but that is just my perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam you know its comin.

Bush cleaned up nothing axxman. I could, of course, go on a long winded post. But I wont. What I will say is that: George Bush has the lowest approval rating of any President in history. The VAST VAST majority think he has done a poor job. He undoubetedly has.

Axxman: I want your specifics> List all the things you can think of (or copy and paste) that you think George W. Bush has done well and successfully in his 8 glorious years in office.

Please, maybe I am missing something. Stick to my request and I swear, I will read it objectively. Tell me the ways Bush "cleaned up" after Bill Clinton. This oughta be good.

1993? first world trade center bombing. nothing other than a trial. hell the blind cleric was running ops through his lawyer from jail.

1996 apparently had a chance to get bin laden, did nothing. taliban set up shop 1996, what did he do?

1994 sent jimmy carter to N. Korea, came back waving a piece of paper, well after they god done wiping their azzz with their copy, the N. Koreans continued developing their nukes. Thanks jimmy carter, hasent he done enough already? I am surprised they never sent him to iraq to "certify" one of their elections.

I cannot mention many of the facts because Sandy Berger was allowed to get a hold of them and smuggle them out to cover Clinton's azzzz.

1998 dual embassy bombings? what was the response. sorry I was living in europe at the time so coverage of that was limited over there.

1998, Husein(sadam, not obama) kicked the weapons inspectors out of iraq. instead of doing something then, he made some speaches about "serious consequences" if Sadam Hussein doesnt come clean. As far as I can tell, UN General Secretary at the time went to iraq and came back with another great "Peace in Our time" moment, the great Oil for food program, which let sadam hussein have money to build 50 new palaces, strengthen his power and, if you believe Clinton's intelligence at the time, hide the weapons. Oh, another benefit was Kofi Annans son worked for a oil company that was part of the oil for food program, he got rich as well.

just to name a few. This stuff is common knowledge. Most of this stuff I watched unfold on CNN at the time it happened.

As far as public opinion polls are concerned, congress has even lower, Obama and hillary, biden were part of that. What did he do in his 2 years in congress (he campagned the past 2 years.)

The "mortgage crisis" well it's roots are traced back to the mid 90s when the democrats wanted to make it easy for people to get loans, apparently too easy, Bush tried to reform that and was should down in both 2001 and 2005. About the same time he was trying to have a dialoge about reforming social security if I am not mistaken.

Why is a middle class tax cut, evil if Bush proposes it, and somehow ok if obama does. How come there is no coverage of the iraq war anylonger now that things are going good? or are they still going bad and the media is just not covering it? The troop withdrawals have been underway for a couple of months now, are you going to give obama credit for that?

I was embarrassed when clinton was president, but then again, He is a parasite, always has been. Obama seems to be more of the same.

Since the topic is "Perspective" has anyone ever heard bush say anything insulting about BHO? I mean a mean spirited comment? I mean Hillary said all sorts of stuff, Biden said Obama was not qualified to be president? Bush, the evil terrible bush, Called the worst president by harry the war is lost reid, you would think bush would have said something, called him a jerk or something.

I dont think he has. Because he has a basic decency that most of the democrats will never have.

what happened to "general betrayus"? boy obama, and hillary, and the rest of em were wrong about that one werent they? I mean the dems that were elected in Nov. 06 spent the first half of 07 badmouthing Bush and the war, and there was no possibility the surge would work and all that...... well they were wrong. I never heard hillary apologize. or harry reid, or nancy pelosi.

If bush had done the real estate deal obama did, the left would be calling for him to be tried for war crimes. If bush had been in congress and secured funding for a particular hospital, and next thing you know, his wife gets a big promotion, barney frank would be calling for a congressional hearing.

we are all gonna die, we are dawg meat.

We will be fine, things are not as bad as the Democrats have been saying, they like bad news, the more the better. they want people to think they have a solution for every problem so you will give them your loyalty and money.

Things are going to be rough but we will get through it.

well I guess you missed the points.

ohh, I left out the 2000 bombing of the USS cole to which clinton did nothing. that was a mess, what would slick willy have done? actually, there was no response to that either.

We were in a recession in 2000, since you blame bush for the current one, I guess it is fair to blame clinton for the 2000. that mess.

How many attacks have there been since sept 11, 2001? they had pretty much made it an anual event to hit us once a year under clinton, with no consequences. that mess

The current mortgage crisis has it's roots in clinton's tenure.

Iraq was a problem during clinton's tenure, he inherited from Bush 1, but his defering to the do-nothing UN left it to Bush 2 to clean up. Husein got richer and more powerful under clinton.

Bush did something about it, clinton stood by when Husein killed 300000 people with gas. that is a mess.

Oil for food, that was a mess.

I guess getting Libya to stop pursuing Nukes, N. Korea, (after they ignored the carter/clinton agreement) is not a positive thing?

Since liberals like getting there info from movies, take a look at black hawk down, that is what happens when a president puts our troops in harms way, then try to micromanage from Washington.

The "Oil Crisis" that everyone is blaming on bush, well 60 minutes just did a story on it this evening, dont know if I trust them though, they may have photoshopped their facts.

Actually, the mortgage crisis we are having now is from the sub prime stuff, barney frank, chris dodd, schumer and co.

"In 2003, Frank [Democrat] rejected Bush administration and Congressional Republican efforts for the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis."

"Under the plan a new agency would have been created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry."

" 'These two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis," Frank said. He added, "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.' "

Oh by the way, the 2 ceo's who ran fannie mae and freddie mac, are now Obama advisors.

This not to be argumentnitive. What is the mess that Bush has supposedly made? I hear it all the time but no one has been specific. Leave Iraq out of it. Just list anything else that wasnt already going on, or rooted before him.

Community Reinvestment Act under Carter was the downfall of the mortgage crisis compounded with the Equal Credit laws. Then in 1992 Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 allowed for more open and "cheap houses". Giving those mortgages who could not afford them. Then to boot, Fannie and Freddie give extentions to those who could not pay. Guess what, they still didn't pay.

IMO, it started under Carter, changes made during Bush 41, Clinton making the biggest impact of freebe type mortgages. Then the crash under Bush 43.

PS: Does anyone still see the "bad credit, no credit, no problem" commericals we were bombarded with during the 90's?????? Also is your mail filed with credit apps?????

Latest posts