performance friction brake pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan Lipinski

Reaction score
Hi, i have been doing a bit of research on brakes since i need to do mine this spring, i already have the SS brake lines and getting powerslot rotors. I was looking to see if anyone has used performance friction brake pads, and can give me a review on them. How is the stopping power, dust, noise.

thanks in advance

Any slotted rotor will create tons of dust.......

I used napa, Bendix, Akebono, ect

the best i found were the Akebono and Wagner, But honestly my St stops the best with OEM rotors and Wagner severe duty pads.

Todd Z

Im using PF pads an stock rotors. The stoping power is excellent. Even with spirited driving. I cant overheat them to fade. They actually stop better when warmed up. They do throw some dust. If you wash your trac weekly it is negligable. I would buy oem style rotors.

The sloted will make more dust. They are not necessary on the street.

my brakes now have tons of meat left but the stopping power is terrible, probably because they are duralast pads...

im thinking either akebonos or perf. friction for the pads

Duralast pads suck...

Last pair I bought was '93...never again

IMO the 2 choices you just posted, on oem rotors are good to go.

what are your opinions on powerslotts, i do drive pretty spirited and i like the fact my rotor wont look like crap in a month cause the coating on them, the quality does seem very good.

I just recently purchased OEM(computer inventory description) equivalent pads from Discount Auto and was surprised to see they had a considerably larger surface area than the stock pads on my rear brakes. Why was this? They were 1/2" or little less wider than the stock pads.

/

I upgraded my rear pads to PF and they used the full rotor surface area, and are about 1/2 wider than stock. I'm pretty happy with them; I have an 04 trac and pull a 2500 lbm boat. They larger PF pads seemed to help my braking a good bit while towing. Going to put them on the front soon as i'm going rebuiid the whole front end.

what are your opinions on powerslotts, i do drive pretty spirited and i like the fact my rotor wont look like crap in a month cause the coating on them, the quality does seem very good.

IMO useless for spirited street driving. I dont use them with my PF pads. Plus they will shorten the life of the pads. Make more dust.

Spirited street driving is not the same as auto-crossing.

The rotors are going to change color annyway. Unless they are kyro-treated. The anodized surface, wears off.

do they make brembo blanks for the sport trac i couldn't find anything on them, if not i might just try the powerslotts on the front since that's where the most power comes from and non slotted in the rear.

Evan,

It all comes down to your $$ and choice.

Im a hotroder. I drive fast. My PFpads on stock rotors stop me, perfectly.