"pedal pushers!!"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Byrd

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with their gas pedals being very hard to push?? I am experiencing this every time I push the pedal - but once it gets to a certain point it is fine - but every time I first push it, it seems impossible to get it to go???? I looked and it is not obstructed that I can see and nothing looked unusual to me. Don't know if , or where, to grease it?? or if that is an option??? 2001 4x2 thanks, Brad

You can spray the cable under the hood, ALSO the t-body can be sticking, you may need to adjust the throttle screw if the throttle plate is sticking...

Todd Z

Thanks Todd will give it a shot--- also, just put my pic's in my library- how do i post them on message board? I know this has been asked a million or two times--- sorry-- got a new boat behind the trac- gotta show her off--- Brad

BCBYRD,

Did you buy your Trac new?

Check by your Ford dealer, give them your VIN number. There was a recall on the cruise control cable. When we got our used Explorer, the dealer looked all recalls up and did all the recalls. One of those recalls was a cable. I think it was the cruise control cable.

That could be your problem.

Tom

The throttle body on my GMC gets gunked up once in a while, making that initial step onto the throttle hard. I push a little harder, and a little harder, and then it pops open and the truck takes off. A good spraying with throttle body cleaner takes care of it for 50,000 miles or so. Made my father-in-law dump coffee in his lap once, so I keep up with it better now!

Haven't seen that problem on the 'Trac, though.

Latest posts