PCV valve not motorcrft

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor V01

Reaction score
Just a quick question. The PCV valve I bought at Advance didn't have the extra hose attachment. Is this a problem? Can hose be not used and blocked off? I think the project said it was from the radiator. Thanks,

Victor

I would get the exact replacement. It is there for a reason and this is part of emmisions control. May have to go to ford parts. Advance probably gave you the one for the old pushrod 4.0L motor.

I didn't know what it looked like when I bought it. It only has a hose connection at the end. It doesn't have the hose from the radiator.

Tom: I was just looking to replace the PCV valve. I guess I bought the wrong one.

Thanks ,Victor

The PCV Valve goes to the radiator or a hose from the radiator cools the air coming out of the engine?

Something isn't right here.

Tom

The hoses are there to actually HEAT the pcv valve in the winter, When you turn on the heat in the truck and the heater control valve opens, it allows HOT coolant to flow through the Throttle body and PCV valve to prevent the\m from freezing...

Vic,

Just slightly Bend the metal tube on the old one apart it will slide off the OEM valve...

THEN put it around the new one and bend it back together...

Todd Z

Before taking valve out, it looked as though tube from radiator was connected to valve. After further inspection, noticed that it was a loop attached around PCV valve. I still have the wrong valve, the new one doesn't have the groove for the radiator tube. And its a push in type, not a twist in.

Sorry to confuse you Caymen.

Latest posts