PCV Tube Oil Leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Smink

Reaction score
Anyone ever have an oil leak out of the PCV valve where it connects to the valve cover? I've been having an oil leak ( I can tell by the smell:wacko:) that I think is coming from the valve. It has been cold so I haven't been able to work on it. I have used an inspection mirror to look at it. It definitely appears there has been oil coming out; but even with engine running I don't see it coming out. Maybe it only happens when I'm accelerating.

the pcv valve actually locks into the valve cover IIRC, it may have come loose, check the projects sections and see if there is a pcv replacement walk thru there, but pretty sure the valve itself twists and locks into place.

I have heard of the pins in the cover breaking and the valve not sealing in the cover and the cover had to be replaced. BUT on my 03 the hose was loose and leaking oil... 1 zip tie fixed it..

First pic, Broken valve vcover PCV, Second pic IS the zip tie fix for the leaking elbow.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: