Paypal Assitance...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Guys I am recieving a paypal payment for an item but the funds say uncleared in my inbox. It also says that I shouldn't send my packages until said funds have cleared... I've sent money numerous times & received funds numerous times but I've never had an 'uncleared' is this common? Do I just wait?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, depending on how the person sending money paid. I believe it's an e-check and those will take 3-4 days to clear.

Yes wait. It says unclear because the funds have not cleared via your bank. AT least that is what I have experience with. If it says unclear, give it until tomorrow, it should clear by then. Never send the item until you have the money in your e-hands. ;)

Do not send the item.

Odds are, they are sending the funds via thier account which is not backed up with a credit card.

Wait until it clears before you send the item.

Tom

...This happened to me I order something with out a credit card linked to my pay pal account …It took 7-10 days to clear pay pal... Because what happen is they take the money out of my account 3-4day then my bank had to send a check to pay pal 4-6 days then it get posted to my pay pal account then it goes to you pay pal account then you send the product... This is what happens when the pay pal account dose not have a credit card attached to it…It is a nice secure way for buyer and seller to do business… Most people are good for the money but don’t have the credit card to pay for every thing… So this is why it takes so long to get stuff if you don’t have a credit card… Instead of the normal 10 days it way 23 days…

Woppy,

If that's my payment, don't worry. There's several thousand dollars in that account. Don't sweat it. Let them turn their wheels, and do what they need to do. Wait till PayPal clears the transaction before you ship.

I selected "eCheck" because I thought it was the same as an Instant Transfer from my savings account. Does PayPal no longer do the Instant Transfer?

Thanks.

Yes PayPal will direct link to your checking or savings account once your verified. You most likely need to change your PayPal settings to make the direct link your primary method of payment. You can choose which method for PayPal to try first and if there is no money in that method it will go down the line.

Paypal has changed something recently and this is coming up a lot. The last two purchases I've made for eBay items have been made as an "echeck", which they say has to clear the bank, and it takes about 3 days to make it to the seller. It's the only option I currently have available for paying eBay purchases, even though I have a confirmed bank account and have made instant transfers in the past. I sent them a message asking about it and they say I have to have a credit card on file now to make instant transfers. I'm not keen on giving them my credit card number so I haven't done it yet.

The last payment I made was withdrawn from my bank account the day I made it but didn't get to the seller until 3 days later (that's when I received his payment confirmation). This is sleazy on Paypal's part, because they make their money on the interest they get for funds held in their accounts; by adding a built-in waiting period for these echecks they effectively get a lot more money... not to mention making sellers wait for funds and buyers wait even longer for their purchases.

I'm very disappointed with Paypal over this.

It's the only option I currently have available for paying eBay purchases, even though I have a confirmed bank account and have made instant transfers in the past. I sent them a message asking about it and they say I have to have a credit card on file now to make instant transfers. I'm not keen on giving them my credit card number so I haven't done it yet....

...The last payment I made was withdrawn from my bank account the day I made it but didn't get to the seller until 3 days later (that's when I received his payment confirmation). This is sleazy on Paypal's part, because they make their money on the interest they get for funds held in their accounts; by adding a built-in waiting period for these echecks they effectively get a lot more money... not to mention making sellers wait for funds and buyers wait even longer for their purchases.

I'm very disappointed with Paypal over this.

Back the money up with a CC number and Paypal will transfer the money instantly.

You fail to see that wireless transfers take time. Paypal has a ested intrest in protecting themselves and making money.

By backing up your funding with a Credit Card number, you are telling Paypal that you are legit and they will get their money.

You are concerened about having your credit card number, but not worried about your bank account numbers?

I am more worried about my bank numbers. If they steal my CC number, I can get the charges reversed. Good luck trying that with a bank account number.

Another thing you can do is buy "ebay gift cards". That is what we have been doing lately. We get free gas for doing so. When we spend $50.00 in gift cards at our local "Giant Eagle" Grocery Store, we get fuel perks with thier "Get Go gast stations". $0.10/gallon up to 30 gallons. So, buy spending 50.00 for a gas cars, we get $3.00 off on 30 gallons of fuel. They sell many other gift cards, so most of our purchasing is done buying gift cards first. Last time we filled up, we got 30 gallons of gas for $2.70.

That comes down to about 9 cents a gallon of gas.

Tom

ditto...what Caymen said.

and you can add your visa debit or m/c debit as a credit card funding source. For some reason they don't care that it comes out of the same account as your echecking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts