panic alarm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Reeves

Reaction score
My panic alarm has started to activate automatically. The thing is going off in the middle of the night. The neighbors just love me. Even when the alarm is not set it keeps going off.

Anyone had this problem and is there a fix for it?

'07 Limited....

IS this factory or aftermarket installed alarm ??

Todd Z

I ended up getting the OEM accessory vehicle security system, it was installed @ the dealer. I had the same issue w/ the alarm going off haphazardly. I brought it in and the guy re-calibrated the sensitivity of it, which made me kinda regret gettin it - what's the sense if you don't know it's set at just the right sensitivity level to know it's effectively set to deter a possible break-in? I'd have just settled for that little flashing dash light. :angry:

With a dealer-installed Ford-branded CodeAlarm system, if you're still under 3/36, it should be covered parts and labor. If you are out of 3/36, Ford's alarm supposedly carries a lifetime warranty on the parts, but you pay for the labor. Of course, this depends on which generation alarm system you have, as the older alarms may not be covered because they have been discontinued and replaced by a newer model...

Would not be shocked to find your battery is starting to go.

For some reason, the Trac really acts up weird when the battery starts to have internal issues...

This was on a honda mind you, but buddy had a battery go bad in his remote and it did the same thing, but as others have said Ive heard the truck battery will do this as well.

Latest posts