Painting wheels black

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
Could anyone photoshop my wheels a flat black? To avoid showing off your skills and advertising to everyone that you know how to do it well and getting tons of resulting requests, you could just email them to me. :grin:

Obviously, I'm considering painting my wheels. Thoughts? Criticisms? Experience? Pictures?

Of course, this would be at the same time I paint the cladding black.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
try tirerack.com and you can get an idea of what black wheels (not the stock rims) would look like. they have the option of putting in your type of vehicle/colour and what the wheels look like on it.

btw, i like black/gunmetal wheels :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

I've done some wheels that way on tirerack before and that's kind of what made me think it might work. Been a while, though. I'll look again. I'm just not sure if I should 'ruin' the stock wheels, which are actually in very good shape (even though they're really dirty in the pictures).

Good lookin' Z. The black wheels are a nice touch.

i like my factory wheels, im just that kinda guy. if i did do anything in that area i would just paint them black in some areas of the rim.

[Broken External Image]:

Here you go. Not perfect, but should give you some idea.

[Broken External Image]:

And with black cladding:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks everyone. Powdercoating is my future goal, but paint may have to do for now. I can't really justify spending that much at this time. At least with paint, I can cheaply touch them up occasionally until I get them powdercoated.

Ok, so I used MS Paint and tried my hand at it just to get an idea. The trick is to sit far away from your monitor and squint. I think I like it.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts