Painting Throttle Body Cover and others

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 2

Reaction score
Alrighty, I keep seeing all these different throttle body covers painted, and all the little caps and lids. HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING THAT! And Todd Z, don't suppose there is a code for the blue on your cold air intake? Was thinking painting everything blue, with maybe red or silver highlights.

You must use adhesion promoter. Dupli-color sells it. I also used clear coat after the paint dried and would recommend it. I've had mine done for about 4 years with no issues. The TB cover comes off by removing the 3 screws on the corners and the windshield fluid and antifreeze covers just pull off. I have written a project on painting the EGR elbow,just click on the wrench by my name to get there.

[Broken External Image]:

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

Use adhesion promoter and you'll be fine. You can have a can of spray paint made to match your ST's color at any local automotive paint store. Just get your paint code off of the driver's door sticker and take it to the store. If you don't have a local paint store, you can buy it online. I've done both for spray cans in my color.

The resovoir caps just pop right off, and the fuse box cover is also easily removed. These and the TB cover are a piece of cake to paint, and really spruce up your engine compartment.

Like Griff said, be sure to use the adhesion promoter and you'll be fine.

George C used a nice blue, Maybe you could ask him..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts