Painting Dash Piece ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rogers

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Sport Trac and the paint is starting to come off the silver painted plastic housing on the dash ( around the center ac vents ) This paint almost is starting to feet sticky to the touch. Can anyone recommend a good quality spray paint that would work for repainting this part. I will need to sand the old stuff of first and may paint it to match my body color. I think it should just pop off.:)

Thanks

Make sure you completely remove the OEM paint. It is actually rubberized and if you paint over it, it will come off.(Talking from exprience)

I would suggest you remove the OEM paint and when its completely off paint it with regular paint and then clear coat them. Give it a couple good coats of clear to protect the paint and you should be good to go

Hey thanks for the great info

I am going to try it. My color is competition orange , I am going to see if I can find a paint that come close in match , may look interesting.

Yel-Mel,

Get the paint codes from your door and get a spray can from these guys and it should match exactly...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had luck with www.paintscratch.com

j in kc,

2 screws under the radio, pull it right out, disconnect the electrical wires..

Todd Z

I agree with TJR. Will make the painting process alot easier for you.

And as Todd said its just 2 screws and then you pull it out. Its been awhile since i removed mine but i think it has some metal clips so don't be afraid of pulling hard.

Then disconnect the wiring and your good to start sanding away

Let us know how it turns out

Latest posts