Painting cap black or color match white?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
What color do you all think i should paint my cap black or color match it white?:unsure:

Laurie(my wife) said black would look good.:unsure::unsure::wacko:

Im not sure....i know its my Sport Trac but some opinions please or a photo of

a white trac with a cap would be great also.

Thanks in advance!:D:D

Paul H:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
White. I do not feel a cap painted 100% black would look right. Black accents would, but 100%, I don't think so.

Tom

Paul, don't you have blue accents on your truck? What about a white cap and then some black and blue trim on it. An all white truck with a white cap may look too much like a company van for say, Terminex. get my drift?

Paul, I'd definitely go with white. The tinted windows, window frames, and bed trim will add a nice touch of black. If you paint the whole thing black it will look like you couldn't find a white one and just stuck the black on there. You can always add some black pinstriping around it later on.

George

White cap, Tinted windows, Black metal trim around the windows, Black locks and handles.

Todd Z

How about......a carbon fiber cap?! Would match just about every accessory that you have Paul! I am down with the carbon fiber! That's my vote! :p

-DD ST

Big D, you know her too well.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Todd Z

Color match it white. Take a look in my library for pics of ours. I also agree that black pinstriping would look good if you were to have them be part of the pinstriping on the body, but if you take the cap off the pinstriping on the body could stand by itself. :D

Black of course. Why you ask? So when he is done with it and it is time to pass it on to another member for FREE it will go right on my black ST . . . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Latest posts