Painted calipers, Camber Adjusters, and a couple other things..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek F

Reaction score
So I painted my calipers/drums this past weekend. Picked up a Dupli-color kit from Auto Zone. I painted them black. I was hoping to find white paint but gave up after 3 stores. All they had was red, blue, & black. Since I have no pinstriping or any other highlighted colors on the truck besides two white decals on the back glass, the red & blue wheren't an option. With no white to be found in that kit I went ahead with the black.

It came out really well I think, the paint kit is a bit pricey though at $18 after tax. But it was plenty enough for 3 heavy coats on all 4 peices, and still had some left in the can. After 24hrs the stuff set up like powder coat! Has a hard finish and nice and shiny black! I am pretty impressed.

The weather was right for the job, and I needed to get it done so I can complete a couple of other projects this coming up weekend. Plus the trac has the opertunity to sit for the next week and will give the paint plenty of time to cure.

I picked up my new wheels & tires Saturday and had them balanced! They are ready to install. And I also picked up my lowering block kit. I went with the Auto Zone 2" kit I think it looks just fine. The blocks appear to be good quality, I'm happy with what was in the box.

Today when I got home my camber adjuster kit was sitting on my porch from prosuspension.com. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for an afermarket kit! They were priced right and high quality, plus the kit I bought is the full kit and provides 2 deg. of adjustment. Not to mention the shipping time was top notch. Just shy of $50 to my door in 3 days!

So this weekend I will be lowering the trac, installing the camber adjustment kit, mounting up the new rims & tires, getting the alignment done.

Here are some pics (the wheels were left out on purpose, they will be shown when everything is all done! :cool: )

Here are the left & right calipers:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The Drums:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The lowering kit:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The camber adjustment kit:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks! I am real happy with the way the paint came out on the calipers. It really does look and feel like a gloss finished powder coat! I originally bought two of the paint kits, as I wasn't sure if one would do 2 calipers and 2 rotors. The box says it will do 4 calipers. Turns out I ended up with some left over, plus the second box is unopened. The finish came out so well that I think I will just keep the second box for use on a couple of other parts, and maybe a motorcycle part here or there!

I can't wait for this weekend to get here to put it all together!! The only thing I am worried about is installing the camber adjusters. The instructions on the box are pretty minimal. I am a little un-sure of where to jack the front of the trac up to put it on jack stands to replace the bolts..

Cool, keep us posted

Todd Z

Todd, did you install your camber adjusters yourself? Where at under the front of the truck do I need to put my jack stands to be able to replace the bolts?