Pain in the neck.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Niederhauser

Reaction score
I had a friend re-mount tires for me and how one of the TPSenor is going off. I had him reset the sensors, but it came back on. Instread un-mounting off four wheels to find out which one has the problem. Is there any way to STOP the Warning Light for Showing on the dash, I wil fix the TPS sensor on next tire change, IT's JUST A PAIN.....

Nope...

I bet your friend broke the sensor....

Todd Z

The light would be on... no way to bypass it.... and i believe the other safety features are affected if the light is on..

Todd Z

Dave (sapdhn)- FYI, sorry to nitpick. The TPS acronym is Throttle Position Sensor, not tire pressure sensor.

Aka TPMS, for Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Your explanation was good enough, even I understood what you meant. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime you start the truck w/o sensors, the light will come on. If you reset, after about 30mins or so, the light will return and an audible signal will come on. It's very annoying...

See Joe M's procedure below. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
That procedure may clear/reset a fault. However, if one of the sensors is broken, you are hosed. You'll have to replace the sensor, and program for it.

Is it a Band sensor? if so how in the hell did he break it? But fords you just drive and eventually it will shut off..

Latest posts