overdrive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
Need some advise. 07 4.6 with 60,000 miles. Transmission does not switch into overdrive when I push the button. Tranny is fine otherwise with the fluid being changed about 10,000 miles ago. Where do I start and what do I look for?

As always thanks in advance.

Benny

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Overdrive button turns off the overdrive (at least on my '01) and the indicator lamp lights. The default (upon starting the engine) is on regardless of in what state it was left.

+3 (Page 253)

Overdrive can be deactivated by pressing the transmission control switch on the side of the shift lever.

OK I need to change my question/statement. When I press the overdrive button the light doesn't go on and I am staying in OD. What do I check to try to get the tranny out of OD?

Thanks again for the help.

Benny

Because you have two functions that controlled by an electrical switch (disengage overdrive and the indicator lamp) that are both not working, my first inclination is an electrical problem. First, check fuses and then look for electrical problems (bad ground, broken wire (including broken wire with intact insulation), disconnected connector.

Latest posts