Outside Temp and Compass Display

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Prater

Reaction score
Hey folks, new Sport Trac owner here. I picked up a 2002 and the only issue in the interior is that the Outside Temperature and Digital Compass Display doesn't stay on. The "Mode" button seems to be sticking and I have to mash it pretty hard to get the display to light up. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea for a quick fix. It's a luxury item in my opinion so not too concerned about replacing just wondered what you all thought.

Thanks!

There's a resistor that's been a problem for some. Here's how to fix it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AtqSTUusWHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have an 04 with grey interior, is there somewhere I can buy a replacement unit? I am not skilled at junkyard/salvage searching.

I purchased a replacement overhead console off eBay for about $35.00. Took less than a beer to replace (bulbs were good, too).

Really? I found one the other night and it was close to $200. The diagram was poor, but it looked to be only the black plastic portion which sits inside/behind the portion that is actually colored the same as the interior - which takes care of part of my previous question.

Yes. I really needed only the bulb holder assembly, but that was crazy expensive at the dealer, so I looked on eBay and found the entire console in the right color and options (garage door opener/pocket pack holder v. the sun/moon roof control). Too easy (and lucky).

Latest posts