OTC timing kit 6488

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey Luis

Reaction score
I need an OTC 6488 4.0 timing kit. I would like to buy a used cheap one from a member here or rent one from a member for a short time. I would be willing to pay you for rental and an deposit also to ensure it is returned in good shape. I hope someone here is kind hearted 😃

Thanks,

Mickey

Thanks RedRanger. I'm in the Connecticut, New Haven area. I just hate to waste a couple hundred dollars on a tool I may never use again if things go right.

Hey neighbor! Did you try the local auto zone and advance auto for rentals?

Check the link for a little lower cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gary,to my knowledge no local Advance or Auto Zone or anyone in Connecticut rents this tool. Thanks for the link, the price from SalesAvo is pretty good but I never had any experience with them. Do you know if they are trustworthy or anyone that had a positive sales experience? The $150 total price is very good but I just couldn't fine anything to show they were trustworthy other than they take PayPal.

Sorry I do not. You are protected by PayPal in any event. Good luck, if I can help out let me know. After all, this is Lift Automotive!

[Broken External Image]:

Gary, I have got to get one of those lifts! I'm getting older and scrambling on the ground is not quite as easy these days :)

That baby always looks great and sparkles like a new penny! Looks like a road trip tomorrow to pick up a used OTC 6488 kit just so I can get some peace of mind and finish my project.

Thanks. I hear you on working on the ground. Good you found a used one, good luck with it. If you're ever in Oxford, look me up for a beer or coffee.

Latest posts