OT Stopped smoking 4 days now...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian K 2

Reaction score
Stopped on Friday morning, 2 days before my 40th B-day. Feel good, strong. Appetite is crazy. Snacking all day on healthy stuff. Took prescription Chantrix for 9 nine days prior to. It seems to help alot. Any other quitters out there?

Im not but my dad was. He used to smoke around 3 packs a day. we finally convinced him to quit, but he gained 15lbs. Once we helpped him establish some healthy eating habits, he hasn't smoke anything since August 2005.

He was on all types of patches and drugs and some tweeking was need to find the right combo. Just be determined to quit. My dad says he goes around and appoligizes to everyone for smelling so bad. Thats one of the things he uses mentally not to pick another smoke. Also, because of gas prices!

I smoked for 10 years and that Chantix stuff had me 100% quit in one months supply! I have been strongly promoting it for those actually interested in quiting. But i have gained some weight. But wieght is somethin far easier to fix that smoking IMO. CONGRATS BK!

As Mark Twain said "Quitting smoking is very easy. I must have done it a hundred times"

I used to smoke about three packs a day. I quit "cold Turkey" 16 years ago after many false starts.

I found that physical addiction only lasted about a week, but the mental (habit) addition was the real nut to crack. I finally had to ask myself the following question, "is it worth 5 years of your life?". When put in perspective, it becomes apparent that smoking pleasure is not worth the cost.

BK, keep up the good work. Evaluate the real cost and it becomes easier to quit.

Congrats, BK!

My dad quit smoking his pipe after 45 years when he had a quadruple bypass. He really misses it, but he seems to enjoy living better.

BTW: He lost 25 pounds and is healthier than ever!

great thing and best of luck ! did you have any side effects from the prescription ?

trying to get the wife to quit

Smoke for 40 years, taken Wellburton down to one pill a day, plan on stopping the pill in 10 days. Smoke free and nicotine free for 72 days. Lost 5 pounds my first month and now have no nicotine urges or cravings.:D

Got that monkey off my back, just wish I had all that money back I could buy a new fully loaded Sport Trac and pay cash.:lol:

Congrats to all who have quit before me and I hope everyone else in the world quits someday soon.:wacko:

Mark S

Awesome, so good to hear. I've been clean since October 16, 2003. Only downside to why I quit, that I still don't understand. I had gotten a DUI/DWI that night, and that was the last time I smoked, and drove drunk. I still drink, but no more drinking then driving.

My only side effects are crazy dreams, one including and old GF...but won't go into that here.

The chemical addicition seems easy to beat, the habit comes around more often. This is crazy simple, to quit so far. Waiting for a small episode, but I won't falter!

Gave up drinking too. Well sometimes I'll have a glass of wine before bed in the evening at home. Can't even remember the last time I drank seriously, you know what I mean, with the intention of getting intoxicated. But long before that we gave up drinking and driving. Funny thing I am still amazed it was the wife driving and not me. 5 beers in 4 hours and she blew a 0.8 the unleagal limit in Illinois. Thank God that set us straight before someone was hurt. But for me drinking and smoking went hand in hand literally. But almost everything a person can do must be done in moderation or there may be consequences.:wacko:

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully a complete success.

I have never smoked a day in my life, However, I have seen literally hundreds try to quit and fail.

I hope nothing but the very best for your efforts. I really can't say enough for your decision and carrying through with actually quiting.

Congrats, and stick with it....

Congrats..I have a script for chantix, havent filled it yet. Smoking a mininum of 2pk a day. I see my doc this week. I will most likly get chewed on. He wrote the script in March...:(

Me Too. That stuff better work , for 122.99 a month for three months and the insurance wont cover it. So far no problems. I think its going to work. Smoked for over 40 years.

Congrats BK and all the other quitters.

I quit feb 19th of this year so about 107 days now.

I used Chantix too - bad back and little sleep. Going to sleep was OK but I'd wake up early and couldn't go back to sleep.

I too have quit. I quit after 15 years, and now been going without for a few months. I used the patch, its great and it works!

Latest posts