OT Stopped smoking 4 days now...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, big congrats to all the quitters. I quit ~20 years ago after smoking for 4 or 5 years. At first, the smell of a cigarette would make me want one, but now the smell makes me glad I quit.

Way to go, BK!

Congrats, BK.

You are increasing your IQ points by the day, I suspect:

Read more:

Long-Term Smoking Linked to Diminished Thinking Skills, Lower IQ

excellent news that you quit. You will be amazed when you go someplace where there is lots of smoking going on and realize you used to smell like that.:cool:

My father, mother, brother and sister all smoked and now everyone has quit except for my sister. everyone feels better and smells better too. i never smoked because i was too cheap and wanted my money for myself.:lol:

Don't look back, no matter how badly you want one.

I read this article after quitting. Had I known about it sooner, I would have stopped sooner.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/umcirc08.htm

You guys let me know how the chantix works. I quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago but have since gotten hooked on cigars. I need to get off them.

Keep it up! I quit about 21 years ago.

Every time I felt like I wanted a cigarette I would just say to myself, "You just went 4 days without smoking, you can surely do another 4 days" Then after 8 days I would say, You went 8 days you can go another 8 days" etc.

I just kept forcing myself to continue to go without smoking just a little longer and when I could do that, I continued to push it further.

Once you get past 2 weeks it tends to get easier, however you will still have cravings for as long as 5 years....Just resist the temptation. If you can stop for 1 year, you can go another year etc,,,,,

Keep it going, you'lll be over the hardest part before you know it.

...Ric

Latest posts