OT: Opinions on Magellan Roadmate 360 GPS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Garmin Streetpilot C330 and after a trip to Tennessee over the weekend. Simply great and I would recomend it in a heartbeat.

Tom

We started out on our cross country trip to Louisville with a Magellan but found it not user friendly, and you could not easily type in just a city you had to have a specific address. So, on the way back we stopped by a Great Outdoors Bass Pro Shop where we asked what was the easiest one to use, and they said the Garmin StreetPilot C330; so the rest of the trip we used it - Great GPS unit. Gave the Magellan to our son.

My friend just purchased a garmin c340 and loves it just drove 14 hrs to Disney in fl.. he said he is like a kid in a candy store he swears buy it...best buy 549.00 u can get one on ebay for arounf 350.00.

Bill

Also have the Garmin streetpilot c340, and it works great. Sue got confused in the mountains in S.W. Virginia once and I had to figure out directions myself, but she was losing the satellite. Otherwise works great.

Does the Garmin C330 have voice prompts for turns and upcoming exits? I have been reading reviews of both the C330 and C340 and would like to go with C330 if it has the voice features. Thanks.

Does the Garmin C330 have voice prompts for turns and upcoming exits?

I know it have voice guidence, though I do not like it. Talking gadgets annoy me.

At the moment, Sears has the C330 for $399.99 and with that purchase, you get a $50.00 Sears Gift Card.

I really lime my C330.

Tom

A completely worthless gadget that can be a must-have!

Is that a new Q-ism?

My wife has trouble buying me gifts. I typically don't get lost, and am very good with reading maps and following directions, but now and then, especially when traveling to new locations off the beaten path her in Southeastern PA where the streets and roads are often poorly marked at best, a device like this helps a lot. Saves a lot of backtracking and time. Will probably only get used a handful of times a year, but when it does, I suspect it will be worth it.

;)