OT: JUST RANTING: I get rewarded, but with Useless rewards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....Let's do the math here, using your example....

Purchase from the "overpriced store", using FREE "$50" gift card. Cost to me: $0. Remaining value of gift card to me: $0.

Purchase from "non-overpriced store". Cost to me: $15. Remaining value of gift card to me: $0, as I'm refusing to use the card at that store, and therefore it has no value.

Advantage--the overpriced store, by $15.

That is why you look for sales and use the $50.00 in a different way and buy what you want somewhere else.

Tom

I recently used a $100 AMEX card at a restaurant where the bill came to $103. I explained to the server that I would be making up the difference in cash, but when she ran the card. it accepted the whole $103 amount. Mmmmm? I wonder if I will be getting a bill from AMEX for the difference? ;)

Bill V ... really, you have to do better than your example.

Perhaps there are several items of interest at the "non-overpriced store", potentially totaling $50.00. Or, perhaps, there is more than one "non-overpriced store" from which one can make purchases.

Gesh.

All I got from my job was a stupid pen and pencil set.

LOL My old company at 5 years you get a pen and pencil set. When I reached that point it was only a pen and they told me the pencil now takes 10 years to get. I laughed and said you will never give me the pencil. Took my boss a day to figure that one out...:eek:

I agree with those above who suggested selling it. For whatever reason, eBay buyers routinely bid near the amount. E.g., $25 card for $23, etc. So, you can still get what you want.

Go ahead and get a gift card to one of the stores. However, why bother selling it on eBay and paying for the shipping. Hold onto it for the right occasion. Simply "re-gift" it. Give it to someone else as a gift. I know there are ethical/moral opinions from every angle on this issue. However, in the end, you get your money out of it (so to speak) and possibly you save time/hassle coming up for a gift for someone down the road.

When I get a gift (something that the giver doesn't have to give, and costs me nothing) I say "Thank You" and go on with my life.

Latest posts