OT: JUST RANTING: I get rewarded, but with Useless rewards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanG 01

Reaction score
[start of RANT]

So...i get a "reward" from my work...Last year they used to give out American Express Gift Cards. So I get nominated for my performance get the highest award ($500). I already spent it in my head @ Zabteck Performance. I go to redeem my award...and...to my amazement, they are now using an online redemption system where you can request "online gift certificates" to approved merchants....WTF. (sorry for the language)

So at this point...i am disappointed, but none the less begin looking at what I can purchase. And not to my amazement, its stores that I avoid due to their lack of quality products and overpricing.

I do need hockey rollerblades, but Im not going to buy them from a place that doesnt have my style of skates nor the cheapest prices. Oh well...there are a few restuarants in there that my wife and I can enjoy. Guess we can accept those, but I really wanted the AE Gift Card..

Thanks for listening

[end of RANT]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Sport Trac site, not a Whine-about-not-getting-my-own-way site. Why do people post this drivel?

Well, he did say it was off-topic. And it's so hard to get someone to listen to your whining on those whine-about-not-getting-my-own-way-sites.:p

Bill-E, I think the word you are looking for is "drivel", and Dan G did do an OT post.

DanG, anytime my job wants to give me anything extra, I take it. I once had a great job where the company gave me a $25K holiday bonus (it was a very good year), but then 4 years later they went out of business...bad cash management, go figure.

My current company gave out coupons for Butterball Turkeys for Christmas one year...they did it once! Too many people complained, and said they would rather "have nothing than get insulted like that". More than one talked about the gift as if it were the "Jelly of the month club" like on Christmas Vacation. The next year, nothing. I would have enjoyed another turkey.

TJR

Sometimes people redeem gift cards to me that come from my parent company, its a pain to redeem them online. One is okay but sometimes people turn in like, six of them.

Bill,

I am ranting cuz...my initial thought was "im getting some Mods for my ST" :rolleyes: ....now its im getting some gifts at Barnes and Noble :(

That's ok. My bank recently sent me a letter claiming I had won some "rewards", and gave me a list of items I could choose from. I looked over the list and then noticed the $9.95 "handling" charge they required for each item! I don't think any of those items were really worth more than $6-8 anyway, so my "rewards" really were bogus!

:lol::lol::lol:Anyone else get flashbacks to DANO? (I think that was his name....)

Dreman,

My credit card companies did a little better. I cashed in a $100 Discover card rewards bonus, and my Citibank Driver's Edge just paid $1,046 towards my wife's new car.

Those are REAL rewards.

TJR

Sounds like some publishers clearing house junk. You get it for way less or even free, and still have to pay for shipping... I don't see where the deal is, when one can always get it cheaper on ebay. lol

My most recent reward.... Just paid off my Discover Card of $4700. And just paid $4k towards my ST truck payment. Yippee Skippee!

This is a Sport Trac site, not a Whine-about-not-getting-my-own-way site. Why do people post this drivel?

True, but the easy solution is to go to Members, then Preferences, then check Hide Off-Topic Messages.

TJR,

Like you, anything I get free, I am happy.

I can understand the frustration on getting a prize, and in the past a credit card was given to them, but this year it was something different.

Tom

Buy something with the GC, then sell it....

OR sell the on line G/C for $20.00 less, Some one will buy it....

Todd Z

1) Be thankful you've got a job (hopefullly you enjoy).

2) Like Tom said, "anything I get for free, I am happy".

Those that have had really good prior employment that lost it due to "foreign competition" can wish for the past to come back, but it's not. Enjoy whatever you have today, and if you don't, get out and find new employment, I doubt you're an indentured servant.

Only big reward I get from my job, well is discounts on beer, wine, liquor and kegs... I work a county job in Maryland and we get good discounts on all of it, b/c the stuff is county controlled. So if you like to drink, its a good reward.

Let me get this straight--you're getting it for free--but it's overpriced???

It makes perfect sense. If I have a $50.00 gift card from a store that is overpriced on wht they sell, it is simply foolish to spend all $50.00 on an item that sells everywhere else for $15.00.

I find myself looking for sales before I spend that free money. Even though it is free, it is still money.

Tom

Latest posts