OT: I usually do not like to post controversial stuff, but . . .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Clinton team simply can't stand anything that makes them look bad. The truth hurts. I'm surprised ABC/Disney got as far with it as they did without some Arkansas state troopers breaking a few kneecaps.

Yeah, well these same democrats probably loved Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11.

Personally I'm looking forward to the miniseries.

Why do you say that it's not right, Rodger?

ABC isn't presenting the film as a completely factually accurate documentary. They readily admit that it's a dramatization partially based on information contained in the 9/11 Commission report.

As JohnnyO said, the Clintonistas don't like being made to look bad, because they did nothing wrong. :huh:

OBL had no beef with the U.S. and perpetrated no terrorist attacks against the U.S. until after George Bush took office, right?:wacko:

If you need a reminder, every Osama Bin-Laden inititated terrorist attack on the U.S. prior to 9/11 happened on Bill Clinton's watch.

[Broken External Image]:

I'm not saying that 9/11 is all the Clinton Administration's fault, but maybe, just maybe, if he'd have done something about OBL when he had the chance, 9/11 would've never happened.:angry:

I said that it isn't right because it is too soon to be airing, and from what I read seems to be highly biased. Even though we are registered Democrats we no longer prescribe to either Democrat or Republican agendas. I do find it highly interesting that Pres. George Bush Sr. & Pres. Clinton are now good buddies - hummmm.

I do know for fact that it is our current President that dropped the ball on Bin Laden if you watched the Court TV special on "What Our Government Doesn't Want Us To Know". Fact: Pres. Bush did know about the first plane hitting the World Trade Center before he went into the classroom in Florida, and should have made the decision to leave immediately.

Truc Trac, I agree that ABC does need to go further back to Reagan.

According to ABC, they haven't even finished final editing, so who knows for sure how 'biased' or not the program will be? Besides, it's just entertainment TV, not 'real news'.

I think both political parties should lighten up.

Allen, do you think OBL needs a reason to attack the US? I don't. If he's going to use that as a reason, then he should have been attacking Iraq for years. Saddam's invasion of Kuwait was the reason we were over there. We didn't "invade" any arab country. We liberated one.;)

Sure we 'liberated' Kuwait... but you gotta ask the question... 'if Kuwait wasn't sitting on a huge oil field with ports that supertankers use, would we still have liberated them'?

So how did the US get from hunting OBL for the 9/11 attack to going after Saddam and invading/"liberating' Iraq?

I never have figured that one out

Darin, look at history. We do that all the time. When was the last war fought on US soil? We are every countries "liberators". So, yes, even if Kuwait wasn't sitting on a big plot of oil, we would have stepped in. It's what we are for. You make a mess, the US will clean it up.;)

It seems to me that we get so worked up over finger pointing that starts with government leaders and works it's way through to most of us, that we forget the main focus. DESTROYING TERRORISM!

I believe that this kind of fractious back and forth blaming only helps those whose main aim is to destroy our way of life.

The vast majority of us republican or democrat, left wing or right, liberal or conservative, when called by our country will bear any burden to defeat a foe that threatens our liberties.

D-

My view of the original post is this, each television broadcasting company has it's political side. One station will air stuff more towards Republicans, while the other will gear it more toward Democrats. Whatever happened to the unbiased news? Anymore, if you are a Rep. you should watch this channel and if Dem. this one. I am not affiliated to any party really. I will vote for anyone I can agree with thier points. This last time though I just chose the lesser of two evils. (just my opinion yall);)

I am not republican nor democrat... in fact I think the best solution for all is to send all of the political party bigwigs to the middle east, each with a nuke strapped to them and a button. Give the lawless cowards a taste of their own medicine while at the same time clearing the legislature of the corrupt lawyers, lobbyists, and consultants that make it their life's work to get rich off of government and access to government.

LOL. I like that idea Scott.

It's probably not any more or less truthfull than Michael Moore's so-called documentary "Farenheit 9/11". At least ABC does not claime it's a documentary, they call it a Dramatization.

...Rich

I said that it isn't right because it is too soon to be airing, and from what I read seems to be highly biased.

"Too soon?":huh: I'd say that it wasn't soon enough. These types of movies, and footage of the 9/11 attacks need to seen again periodically. The general American populace seems to have forgotten about these brutal attacks and gone back to their complacent lives. We need to see this stuff again and again to piss us off and remind us of the enemy that we're up against.

I do know for fact that it is our current President that dropped the ball on Bin Laden if you watched the Court TV special on "What Our Government Doesn't Want Us To Know". Fact: Pres. Bush did know about the first plane hitting the World Trade Center before he went into the classroom in Florida, and should have made the decision to leave immediately.

:huh: You say that the ABC movie is "highly biase"? And you don't think that the Court TV piece wasn't "highly biased" against the Bush Administration? And just how exactly is that "dropping the ball"? The attacks were already underway at that point.

Truc Trac, I agree that ABC does need to go further back to Reagan.

I do agree with you on that. Maybe if President Reagan had responded more forcefully to the Marine barracks attack, then Libya might not have sponsored the Pan-Am 103 attack, and OBL might've thought twice about attacking the U.S. at all. I think President Reagan was more focused on winning the Cold War and didn't see Arab terrorist attacks as great a threat to America at that time.

With all the tough times during the Bush administration, why take any more chances, abolish the republican party.

Latest posts