OT: Good eats or just me?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
My wife is always clowning on my for some of my eating habits. I say habits just because I have always done it. Does anyone else eat like this? Do you have odd eating habits?

I sometimes put ketchup on scrambled eggs.

I have eaten mayonaise on crackers as a snack (haven't done that in some years).

I have been known to put peanut butter on a banana as a snack.

I eat grits 2 ways, one way is with salt and butter, one way is with jelly.

Tuna sandwich ain't right unless the bread is toasted.

To keep it ST related, sometimes I eat while driving:). There are more that I can't think of right now.

There's nothing wrong with scrambled eggs and ketchup!:rolleyes: I used to eat lettuce and mayo sandwiches. Cucumbers with sugar instead of salt.

I've seen lots of people use ketchup and eggs, so it's not out of the ordinary for me. Personally though I don't do it.

Mayonaisse on crackers is kinda weird heheh. But I do like Mayonnaise on hot dogs (spare me the gutter-mind jokes please lol). What do you think makes the Whopper taste so good and unique?

But I do like Mayonnaise on hot dogs (spare me the gutter-mind jokes please lol).

I like mayo on hot dogs too. Note, neither of us said Oscar Meyer Wieners...

My wife like a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich with a slice of american cheese... (barfs in the corner)

Tom

I remember eating the hotdog with a sauce mixture of ketchup/mustand/mayo, no bun.

I tried the mayo with fries in belgium like the french. It wasn't bad but I'll stick to ketchup. At the Micky D's in Europe they had beer on tap. Could you imagine that in America?

I have to make sure that nothing touches. I need the kindergarden plates with seperate compartments :D

I also like slices of cheese with mustard on 'em Mmmmmm

Caymen, I'm surprised you like mayo on hot dogs too. A lot of people are quite weirded out by this combo, or mayo alone.

I love mayonase, but find mustard repulsive. The smell of it makes me vomit. The same is with vinegar. Gross, gross, gross!!!

Tom

Tom

My son will not let his lips touch the utensil he is eating with. His utensils always look dirty. I asked his wife of several years if this bothered her, she had never noticed this. The next time she came over she looked at me and said "Damn you"

Toasted tuna sandwich is awesome. Just make sure the tuna is cold and the toast is hot. I like to mix cottage cheese and mashed potatoes. You have to eat it fast though so the potatoes stay hot and cottage cheese stays cold. I also usually mix my broccoli with macaroni and cheese if both are served together. :D

Wow, some weird combos here. I guess I will chime in with mine. Ever since I can remember, I have always loved pickle relish on my tuna sandwiches. Not mixed in with the tuna, but spread over the tuna before you close up the sandwich. Good stuff.

TOmmy

Some of my dad's favorites:

- Peanut butter, banana and mayo on white toast sandwich

- Vanilla ice cream topped with Catalina salad dressing (try it, seriously)

- Hot milk, a little butter, tons of saltine crackers mixed in (ate that when he was sick)

My mom:

- Mustard and sugar sandwich (just like it sounds)

That's it.

Oh, and when I worked in my folks dinner there was this one guy that always order a grilled hot dog, then asked for the jar of peanut butter to top it with.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I fix my Tuna sandwich with pickle relish, old bay, and mayo. MMMMM. Just about everything else with Old Bay too Chicken, Fries, Corn on the cob, and sometimes eggs. Oh and peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches are good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catsup on eggs, hot sause on eggs and even picante sause on eggs is not that unusual. My wife also like Mayo on hotdogs and prefers her bread toasted for most sandwiches.

Over the years I have seen some strange eating habits and I don't think any of your's are that unusual.

One of the strangest was while in the Army stationed on Okinawa. The mess-hall used to leave Peanut Butter and Jelly on the tables for all meals along with the salt and pepper, and catsup and mustard. I saw one guy who put peanut butter on his mashed patatoes like most people would put on a pat of butter. It kind of melts in and althought I have never tried it, it did sound like it they might go together fairly well. Strange? Yes, but not as strange as when he put peanut butter on a steak !!! That was a bit too much for me.

But if you think about it, many Asian cuisines use peanuts or peanut butter in savory foods like Beef/Chicken Sate, etc. But that is usually mixed with a little soy sauce...which even sounds a bit strange?

...Rich

I loved the japanese food. I could drive and eat a bento with chopsticks at the same time in the Okinawan traffic. Since living there, all of my steaks get soy sauce in the marinade.

My wife is from the south as well, same town as me. She just thinks some of my habits are odd. I didn't think so and you guys have confirmed that I am not all that unusual:).

Latest posts