OT: 1800flowers.com SUCKS, avoid them!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ioco

Reaction score
I've used 1800flowers a lot in the past, and never had a problem. They go through local florists, and they've always done a nice job.

Well, I don't know what kid of job they do now, or who they use, because my order never got delivered! It was supposed to be delivered on Valentine's Day, to the hopital my wife works at. That didn't happen, and I didn't get too upset, seeing as how we had a winter storm and all. But I called them on 2/15 to see what the deal was. They said they were in the truck being delivered that day. All I asked is for was a refund of my "special delivery" charge that was premium for the holiday, and that the order be delivered before 5pm.

Well, that didn't happen either. I DID get confirmation that the order was delivered sometime AFTER 5, but there's a reason I said deliver before 5! The hospital information desk said they get sent BACK with the florist, if the recipient is unavailable. I don't know if that happened or not. They are probably in some body else's kitchen now. :angry: But that's besides the point!

To top it off, I can't even get through to them. The 800# says all operators are busy, and disconnects the call, and e-mails go unanswered.

I wasn't too surprised to find that the consumers affairs website had a list of complaints a mile long about this place.

There's going to be one more complaint on there soon. And a few more e-mails to customer service with a link to that site, and this thread. They can't guarantee delivery on a holiday, but I can guarantee that I will never use them again, and hopefully the THOUSANDS of people who read this site will take my advice and not use them either! :angry:

Yes they do !!!!

I only use local florists, The flowers last longer, the customer service is better and the price is about the same..

Todd Z

Teleflora sucks too. My fiancee never received her flowers either, not even on the 15th, but they sure were efficient in taking the money from my credit card. This is twice in a row now. They delivered flowers two days late to my fiancee's dad's funeral. They barely made it to the service (squeaked in 30 minutes before the funeral), and were burned up in the same day in the Puerto Rican afternoon sun.

I'm taking it up with USAA now, since they are a recommended vendor on their web site. :angry:

I use proflowers.com. Ordered my moms V-day stuff every year sometimes two days before the date. Always delievered on time. never late. james

Um, a not for nothing, but don't most hospitals have gift shops with flowers? Couldn't you have called there the day before or probably even the morning of and gotten the delivery through them all set up?

TJR, that's a pretty good thought! Had I thought of that though, it would have been difficult to pick something out. Next time, I may consider that.

If you paid with a credit card, you can put it in dispute...I believe. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I too use local florists and have great luck....so far!

Gary
:(

I have had nothing but bad experience with 1800 flowers but have gone back to them again and again because I keep getting discount codes. Everytime I have had an issue with them, customer service was great. Usually they either give me 30-50 off the next order or refund my purchase. I do think that I will no longer use them. I'm not a big fan of the mailing of flowers as opposed to the delivery by a florist ya know . .

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend used them. Paid all the extra fees for his g/f to get the flowers (she lives 400 miles away) and she didn't get them Wednesday or Thursday. He was/is livid.

As for Pro-Flowers, they are a great gimmick, too. I ordered flowers for my wife back in October for her BD, didn't get delivered to her place of work on her day, so I called, and all they would do is guarantee delivery the next day and refund the delivery charge,,,,,,,,,blasted. It just isn't the same for a gal to get her flowers the NEXT f.....n day, right??? Never again,,,,don't trust this outfit!!!:angry:

proflowers has always been great. I paid for special delivery before 10:30 and with the winter storm we had they still managed to get them there at 11:30. I figured with how bad the weather was I wouldn't get on them to refund me my $5 for the guaranteed delivery.

I stopped giving flowers years ago. Nothing to show for them after about a week or so. Now poetry, that will bring some tears;).

I always use local florists. Tell them how much I want to spend and when I want them delivered and bang, they're there. I can see the 400 miles away, but you can still find out the local flower shops there and do the same thing. There are few fklower shops out there that don't take credit cards since most of thier orders are taken over the phone.;)

Yes, use local florists. If you think about it you will almost always get better service and price from a local florist. For one, you talk to them directly, with no middleman, thus you get what you want, from what they can give you, at the lowest price. If you work from the 1-800 type catalog, then who is to say if the local shop that they have as an affiliate can even satisfy the order...they will end up swapping and mixing and matching if they don't have all the "right flowers" in a bouquet that day. Call directly and call local. Rarely will you be sending flowers to a location that you can't find out a reputable, local florist. If sending to a hospital, call reception...if to a funeral, call them...they will give referrals to those that they see providing the best service.

TJR

NelsonOKC, as for time-zones, I haven't worked with a local florist yet that doesn't have an answering machine. I haveordered more than one arrangement that way, leaving my CC number and info on the tape.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Word on the street is you get more style points (and possibly other perks) if you deliver in person.

Yes, that is not always possible but if you can swing it you are the only one you can complain too if they are not delivered on time.

JT#14

Latest posts