Ordered 07 ST - now waiting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Koelling

Reaction score
Placed an order for my new ST today.

White Limited, Camel Leather, V8, everything but the moon roof, navigation, and heated windshield. I think I got a pretty good deal at $350 under invoice and $3K for my 96'

Explorer.

Now the waiting starts.

:(

You may be waiting longer than you think with all the plant shutdowns Ford is doing. They just announced here today that the plant in Norfolk will be shut down for 9 weeks in the remainder of this year. I know not what you wanted to hear.. I waited for two months and one week for mine...

CONGRATS !!!!

I think yours will make production before the shut down. The reason for the shut down is due to high inventory levels so it would logically makes sense that they would try to get the trucks out the door that have been spoken for as opposed to continueing to build inventory.

I ordered mine on July 5th. Just got a VIN and a build date of Aug. 28th. Looks like mid-Sept. for me. Anyone know how long it takes from the build date?

jfire

(still biting my nails waiting!!)

Have dealer do a nation wide inventory search for the one you want and see if they can

get it to you, if they find it in dealer inventory somewhere else?

Without the wait, without any extra charges (additional shipping/delivery charges, etc...).

Don't want a "Rush Build", with all of the factory guys mad that they are getting laid

off for no fault of their own. Sorry to say that, but I work at an assembly plant, myself,

and although I DO NOT do that, I have seen it done, and build quality suffers...

Seems like it may be a "Buyers Market", again, and for a while!

;)

I ordered at the end of June. Yesterday was the day my ST was supposed to arrive at the dealership...still waiting.

Actually aren't all of the trucks built "spoken for"?? I was under the impression that each dealer is responsible for ordering thier own inventory. That way they can tailor what is needed in thier area more ie: Up north will likely have more 4x4 than a southern dealer. Some dealers may sell more upscale vehicles and have more packages that include leather, while another dealer sell budget vehicles with cloth...etc. Whe the dealer orders one for you, they just put in in with thier regular orders, right? I went in to configure my order on a Tuesday afternoon, but the order did not get sent until the folloing Tuesday morning because Tuesdays were the day that my dealer places thier orders...

A1, yes the dealers all individually place their orders and they pick a mix of what they feel will sell. However, if they can move a vehicle to another dealer to sell they will. I just ordered mine on July 25th. I have a VIN, but no build date yet.

Enjoy the anticipation! $350 under invoice is, in my world, a great price. That's about $300 under the X-plan price. Assuming the trade-in value was appropriate, you got a very good deal!

I agree with crash. It is worth the wait, except for the fact that what tracnblac eluded to. These closings might cause some disconcern among the

'line guys', making for some 'sloppy' work,,,,,,,,I have been on an assembly line also, but most of all, I am speaking for the guy that gave me my x-plan pin #. Closings are never good at a plant. Good luck to all that are awaiting delivery,,,,,,,,,,,I ordered on June 5, received delivery on Aug 5,,,,,,,,,,,all is good with the truck, and we love it,,,,,,,,,almost to 1000 miles!?

Cubber--you and I ordered and recieved at about the same time.. Mine was almost a week and a half later than they had told me in the beginning though. Got 1500 miles on mine already.....

The dealer placed the order last Thursday and faxed me the order sheet today.

Hand written on it is a VIN number. I thought this took a while to get assigned.

It also looks like a priority 10 is listed on the form. Not sure what the scale is.

I thought I was priority 1 or maybe that was quality. I don't remember now.

For units that have been sold, the priority number is from 10 to 40 with 10 being the highest (best) priority. So with that being said, your dealer gave you the highest priority.

Latest posts