Optima Battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR Neuzil 2

Reaction score
Installed an Optima Red Top Battery on Saturday. I wanted to post this because there is a post in the Projects section about a fella who installed one and had to make some spacers to make the battery fit under the fitting that holds the battery in place. I just wanted anyone who might be concerned about doing it that way that making spacers is not necessary. The battery comes with several different snap in clips that compensate for the fact that the battery is smaller so you can install it with having to make something.

Its a good battery, and it looks cool.

JR

Direct fit, More CCA and I just dont like Optima.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

+3 DieHard P-2 no contest.

Looks like it "belongs" there. :banana:

Ditto for DieHard! I have a pair of PM-1 deep cycle batteries that I use with an inverter when the power goes out, or when I'm somewhere where there's no AC outlet handy. They also give me a combined 2300CCA, which can jump start most anything.

No offense to Optima owners, but the latest AGM technology beats the old-fashioned "scroll" cellls hands-down.

I bought a size 20 agm Power-sports battery, @ O'Reilys for my elec start generator. It is made like the sears agm.

Odd'ly the price was the same as other stores standard lead acid of that size. 1yr warranty instead of 90days. For such a small package( 9"x 7"x 3.5" ) it has 300cca.

For the excellent service I have always got from AZ gold batteries. I cant bring myself to pay the optima or the sears agm price. I think they are a price gouge.

Latest posts