opinon on a Car

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Hallum

Reaction score
I am looking at a GMC Terrian . The 4cly. get better milesage than the V-6 . Have any of ya'll had any dealing with the 4 clyinder and if so which do ya'll recomend the 4 or 6 clyinder.

thomas

not familiar with the terrian, but i can't imagine that 4 cyl would get enough mpg over the 6 cyl to warrant the diff.

if so, i would go with the 6cyl.

The 2.4 4 cylinder is the non turbo Ecotec engine, ok for a small car but I wouldn't get it in the Terrain. Are you stuck on the Terrain? The wife and I looked at the Terrain when they first came out but overall they felt like a cheap thrown together vehicle to me. Have you looked at an Edge (this is what I drive) or a Toyota Venza, both of these vehicles are better overall vehicles in my opinion than the Terrain.

Or an Explorer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the Edge. That's gonna be my choice if no sport trac-like vehicle is available. At least be loyal to the marque. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the others. You will regret getting a 4 cylinder in a small-medium sized SUV. A few years ago, my daughter bought a new Saturn Vue with a 4 cylinder. She liked everything about the vehicle except that it could not get out of it's own way....to the point it was down-right scary.

She dumped the Saturn within a year and got a nice Honda Civic and gets better gas mileage and much better acceleration.

....Rich

Latest posts