opinions on these tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was browsing the craigslist autoparts section as i do regularly and came across a set of mustang GT rims and tires. I have a 2003 xlt and ive always loved the gt rims. I emailed the guy and depending on the price i may consider these.

just curious if anyone has knowledge about the effects of putting these smaller wheels on a sport trac.

not sure yet, awaiting an email back.

just running it by the forum because i dont know much about tires and dont wana get something thats gona cost me gas or not fit my truck

Those should fit, other members run Mustang wheels. look on eBay and google the brand and size of tires to see if you could get them cheaper depending on what he's asking for them. I've seen those wheels and new tires selling for as low as $400 up here.

One thing I CAN tell you, those low profile tires will ruin your ride quality. I have the same wheels except in 17" on my/my wifes Mustang. It's running 245/45ZR17 Goodyears. I put the 16" wheels & tires on it for a while and it rode MUCH better. When these 17's wear out it WILL have the 16"'s back on it. She likes the "shiney .... flashy" chrome Bullitts ........ too bad. Hit a bad pothole and it'll bend the inside of the wheel too, thanks to the short sidewall ............ I've already replaced one.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The tires on those will be way too small for your truck and will look ridiculous on it. The wheels will also tuck in further than your stock wheels due to their offset, and you might need spacers to even get the fronts to mount up. You will also be effectively changing your rear end ratio and throwing your speedo and odometer off, unless you adjust it with an Xcal.

I would ave to agree with Dan. The wheels would probably be fine but the tires will not work. I have mustang wheels but I had to get tires. 255/65r17 kumho.[Broken External Image]: