Opinions on SCT Tunes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to getting tunes for my SCT x3 and wanted opinions on a couple of options before I decided. I have a 2008 v8. Current mods : Zabteck modified TB, K&N cold air, underdrive pulley kit, and Pypes shorty headers (for 05-10 mustang gt, modified to fit).

I'm definitely going with the 93 performance but debating on getting either 1.) the 87 performance and 87 economy or 2.) just forgetting the economy and doing a tow tune. I don't do much towing but if the economy tune isn't that much better and doesn't get used, then I'd still be better off with the towing, even if it only gets used a couple times a year.

So, for those that have the 87 economy and 87 performance tunes, is the mpg really that much better with the economy tune? Or is it about the same and it never gets swapped from performance?

Thanks for the help!

Olivia

Honestly I run 2 tunes, 87 performance and 93 performance.

If your gonna tow then get a towing tune. I run the 87 performance tune daily.. I don't mess with MPG, or economy tunes, Thhey only piss me off.... LOL

Also can you one day send the pics of the shorty headers installed would love to see how that was.....

Thanks

Todd Z

Hmmm....didn't think about the "piss me off" aspect. lol. Well I guess that's settled. Definitely don't need anything adding to the idiot road rage problem.

I'll see if any of the header pics we took actually show any of the work. We started out documenting everything so we could post a project, but after 2 solid days of trial and error test fitting that kind of slipped our mind. I know I can get an installed pic of the drivers side so i'll at least get that one on here...but the other side may be a little tricky.

I would love some header pix too - we went through a mess on wanting Common Sense headers but since we went Alcohol only with 14psi, we are clean at 508 on a jailbroken custom badass tune - I still would like to see

Latest posts