"Oldest '07"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Reeves

Reaction score
OK....Who has the "0ldest" '07 Trac....When did you purchase it and

what is the color/model?

Got mine May 4th, 2006......Dark Cherry/Limited

Might not be the oldest, but, bet it's in the top ten......:p

The first 07 was sold to a couple that came to California with me, I think it was Patty and Jim Davis. They got the First one sold in the USA....

Funny enough it was a 4.0V6,.....

Todd Z

June 16, 2007

Dark Blue Metallic

XLT

4.0L

Looks like I got the youngest one thus far.:D

Sept 1, 2006

Dark Stone

V8 Limited

12k odo

Currently serving at least 30 days at the dealer (sorry - still ranting/steaming)

OK, guys, I ordered Ghosty on 2/12/06, picked him up on 3/16/06. He is # 292 built, according to VIN.......No warranty work required yet, 24,866 miles showing, every one of 'em driven by me personally, and yes, I still love this truck!

07' Limited, V8 4x4 Dark Stone Met.

6500 miles (weekend driver, garage kept)

June 30, 2006 (Dealer willing to deal...)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BT-

Based on the VIN?

You can't base build order by the VIN. Since there are three different models produced on the same line, if your sequence number was 100292, that simply means that your truck was the two-hundredth, ninety-second build order at the factory, because that is when the VIN is assigned. Chances are, it is a very young ST, as the next-in-sequence VIN is assigned to the Explorer, Mountaineer, and ST. However, it could actually be the two-thousandth vehicle off the line. Ford VINs are tricky, and cannot really be used to verify when a vehicle came OFF the line, and in what sequence.

It's all very confusing. I've done a bit of research on Ford VINs for various reasons, and while there is a method to the madness with Ford, you really need build sheets to verify all the technical stuff, not VINs.