ok BIG TIME HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
Somehow, I have a CONSTANT dowloading trying to do it's thing, and i can't get it to stop, and i don't know where it came from, and i need help to get it gone and to stop! This is what's happening

1. a box comes up and says, Windows installer ( please wait while windows configures

"ItsDeductibleExpress"

2. next box states: Microsoft Data Acess Components 2.5

3. next box states: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other

removable disk that is not available Insert the "ItsDeductible

Express" disk and click OK, (or I can browse)

4. next box states: Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product

The Window installer cannot continue.

Then it starts all over again,........ i've clicked cancel each time inbetween afterwards etc.

but NOTHING IS WORKING, What can I do, would really appreciate the help, thank you

~Dove~

You have a spyware program on your computer. You need to run Spy-bot or similar program to remove it. You may download it at this location.

Nelson, yes, i do have a spyware program on my computer, it's for my kid, who i need to watch,...... so i need this program, but how do i get rid of this constant download? without getting rid of the spyware program

last year when I did my taxes i used turbo tax, and it had a program on there called "it's deductible express". Do you have turbo tax on your computer?? may have something to do with that. Otherwise run lavasoft's adaware and it should get rid of what spyware/adware/malware you have on your pc.

hope this helps

I think the spyware program you are talking about is different than "spyware" that we are talking about.

Dove, what NelsonOKC means is run your spyware remover program. You have a "spyware" on your computer. Spybot is an excelent one. Get it and between the two that you have you can keep a pretty clean running machine.;)

ad aware updates more frequently and is all around better than spybot. I've tried both, and ad aware always catches things spybot would not catch, but not the other way around. ad aware didn't leave anything for spybot to get. my $.02

adaware will get rid of those kinds of problems. Once its off your computer try getting AVG anti virus, its free! Ever since ive had it i have never once had a problem with my computer related to that.

same here conrad!! adaware and avg keep my pc trouble free...

It's not Spyware! It's part of TurboTax software and appears to be stuck in the install routine.

The next time it starts, press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and bring up the Task Manager and determine the name of the program that is being exexuted.

It sounds like the failed intall is now part of your StartUp menu and attempts to install everytime you boot your computer. Right click the Start button, click on Explore, you to your profile and Programs and look in the Start folder for "StartUp" you will probably find the program there.

...Rich

ok, i've tried EVERYthing youv'e suggested and it's not working, except the TurboTax cd putting it, in, can't do that because i no longer have it,...... ackkkkkkkk what am i gonna do, this thing is bugging the heck out of me, it keeps popping up and trying to dowload but can't, even if i reboot, i've tried doing a file seearch looking for it, but that doesn't work either,.......

~Dove~

You can try this too.. reinstalling/updating the Windows Installer (it fixed an issue I had exactly like yours in the past)

If you have Windows XP SP 2 (right-click on My Computer | Properties - it'll show there), then you can't use it.

Quit running Internet explorer also, it is sooo open to all kinds of spyware, hacks and script bugs it just bites. Run mozilla !!! a much better program and no active x . I dont even run any anti spyware programs or popup stopper programs and have had very little issues. Only problems were that my 401k , online banking and updates from microsoft require me to use IE when doing any of those types of actions online.

ok, i've done everything you all have suggested and still NOTHING works,..... it keeps popping up and it's driving me crazy, i've even did a system restore to a date that i knew it wasn't doing at that time, didn't work, deleted all files containing those words in it, nope that didn't work either,..... arrgh, does this mean i'm gonna have to restore the whole computer like new, and then loose everything???????? that's all i can think is left to do,..... i have windows xp sp2, and NO install disks came with it, now i have to figure how to reformat the whole thing without them,......... ;-(

~Dove~

Can you get the Turbo Tax Cd? You need to let this program do its full install and then you can uninstall it from add remove programs or it may have its own uninstaller. Try also going to the Turbo Tax/Deductible Express website and look for information on this problem. You are probably not the only one that this has happened to.

Do what Austin said:

- From the RUN command execute: msconfig

- On the "Startup" tab look for ANTHING that looks like a TurboTax It's Deductible entry and uncheck it.

- Reboot the PC and it should be okay (switch MSCONFIG back to normal mode after the boot).

TJR

Latest posts