1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Oil filter removal tool

Thread in 'Fluids: Oil, ATF, Coolant, etc.' started by Jerry G., Jul 24, 2019.

1. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Member

Hi.I was having trouble getting my oil filter off du to slippage so I found an excellent one on amazon that will never slip .My mistake was I didn't get it then and now I cant remember what it's called . Does any one know what I am referring to ,or have a slip proof recommendation ? When I tighten them I do just as instructions say but a guy still needs a slip proof tool that will get into that sort of tight spot on the 4.6 engine .Thanks to any replies.

2. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Member

I found the wrench I was talking about . Its called wrench motivx for 19.95 on amazon

3. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

I buy the K&N oil filters, for my Trac and Harley. I like the nut on the filter. Never slips with a wrench or socket. Plus the quality of K&N filters are worth the few extra $$ IMO. If I use a standard filter, it will be motorcraft. I have a cup that fits the splines. Made like the motvix. I also have 3 othe types for the odd ball filters.

4. OLE442

OLE442 Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I too use the K&N filter on most of my vehicles! As far as a standard oil filter removal, I have 2 size tools that I bought decades ago that you slide over the end of the filter, insert a socket extension into and when you turn the ratchet either way, a cam in the tool tightens it down while you turn the ratchet and it clamps down on the filter to allow you to remove the filter. It always does the job where as a strap filter tool doesn't some of the time and it fits better in tight spaces. The two different sizes pretty much cover all of the different filters I have seen.

5. Jerry G.

Jerry G. Member

ok thanks guys .