Oh no! 63K

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Higley

Reaction score
Update:

My Gen 1 Job 1 is still lookin' good and driving like a champ, zero issues but alas have passed the 60K mark after all these years. Belts look solid, running like a top yet I still know I have to do 'something'.

Plan is to tackle the transmission fluid check up/replacement and a general 60k diagnosis.

Probably drop about $200 and once again put off getting the wheels I want dang it. (those OE wheels are so damn ugly)

Decided to sell my 16mm film collection and projectors etc and put the $ in the truck to upgrade from sweet to ultra sweet...Seriously, there still ain't a truck on the road that looks as good as a well cared for ST. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yours must be the good twin of mine. I've got 64k miles on my early 2001, very much like yours, but ... I can't claim to have no issues. Besides the usual wear items, fluid changes, belt, and couple of recalls, as the first and only owner I've had to:

rebuild:

transfer case

replace:

a hub, thermostat, two radios, steering wheel, two idle air control valves, running boards that rusted, shackle on rear suspension that rusted, end links on front suspension, and window regulator. I need to fix the rear window seal, the alloy wheels are corroding so that one tire will always leak, and there's a bit of rust peeking out from behind the plastic just in front of the front doors.

Not too bad for a 14 year old vehicle, I suppose, and it does look remarkably good still.

I dont have that many miles onmy '04.' Cause a few yrs back I had 3 cars. Anyway it is my daily driver now. I hot rod it and it wont break. I plan driving it until no repair parts are availble....LOL

That's a pretty good list no heat :) So far if I remember correctly, just brakes, tires and the A/C compressor. The orig Firestones did ok I guess but the Goodyear Wranglers are bullet proof after a bunch of years. Naturally knocking on wood with fingers and all accessible appendages crossed.

Yeah Eddie...I was going to get a replacement but this horse is worth the extra hay.