odometer stopped working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the answer to this, but it is something worth looking at. I believe its fuse number 25, but I might be wrong. A year ago, I started having problems with my gauge cluster in my 95 Ranger. I took out the fuse, and my odometer, interior lights, under hood light and speedometer all stopped working. I know this isn't what your looking for and I doubt it will help any, but thought I would say something about it.

I have a '03 and mine stopped working so I lifted the rear tires off the ground and took it up and down in speed and it started working again. Make sure if you do this to block the front tires front and back. Hopefully this works for you.:D:banana:

Big D

Your profile says you have an '01 so physically the odometer should be mechanical like my '02. I once had a occasion where my odometer stopped working as well. I found that when I had reset the trip meter the reset button had not been pushed in completely and the trip wheels were kind of jammed and that stopped the odometer wheels from moving as well. I got mine to start working again by just pushing the reset button fully a time or two. Give that a try and let us know what happens.

Ditto to what Uncle Bob said. I once reset the trip meter to zero, while filling up the tank. I noticed about 10 miles down the road that the trip meter was still sitting on "0". Pushing the reset button again fixed the problem. (Gen 1 Trac, also)