Odd problem on an Explorer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anybody has seen this on their ST.

My dad has a regular 2002 explorer, and this happened on his car, but the systems are pretty much the same right???

On Friday night, after having rolled the drivers side window down, it would not roll back up. I tried ALL the windows from the drivers side switch, then tried them at their individual switches and none of them would budge. Tried trouble shooting the next day and replaced the delayed acc relay and fuse to no avail. Pulled out the miltimeter and could not get any voltage from the main power wire (light blue/black) but, the gound wire still completed the circuit for other power wires. Took apart the driver door and discovered that the power wire was severed about two inches from where it exits the door. Repaired the wire and everything worked again. No other wires showed any signs of fatigue. Although I was happy that I fixed the issue im still amazed that only that wire broke where it did. Anybody else seen this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just ran all new wires in a Buick Regal, everyone dry rotted and broke soo clean it looked like they were all cut !!

Common problem....

Todd Z

I have the same problem with the, driver door. The lock unlock switch is good. So it has to be the coupler or a broke wire. Locks but wont unlock.