O/D light flashing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
I took the trac in today for an inspection and it failed. They said that there were 5 "not ready"s on monitors "heated cat", "Evap", "2nd SYS", and "Air Cond". They said that for all of those not ready, it is usually because of a battery disconnect or a computer malfunction,( i havnt disconnected the battery in a month or two). Well I figured it was because of my tune, so I came home and returned the trac back to stock with the x-cal2. I didnt disconnect the battery after this. It ran a little rough and especially on the gears, but I figured it was because it needed some time to reconfigure. Well about 2 hrs. later I turn the trac on and im driving home and realize the O/D light is flashing and the button doesn't work. Whats going on with it? is there a seriouse problem or is it because of the return to stock? thanks in advanced.

Boodro

It's probably because you returned to stock. Mine shifted pretty bad when I took it in for service last year, but I kept the Xcal in the glovebox and put the tune back on in the parking lot.

You won't pass an OBD2 test with a tune on the truck.

ok, so should I wait for a couple of days and get the inspection then put the tune back on? do you think it will be safe for me to drive until then?

I would disconnect the battery and then connect it. Let is then learn how to shift.

I know on my Apten Chip, I need to disconnect the battery if I go to stock setting or the tranny will slip like crazy. If I disconnect the battery, it will shift fine.

Tom

You can have the tune redone so you have no need to flash the truck back to stock for a state inspection...

Todd Z