NTB/Tire Kingdom

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Nystrom

Reaction score
Is NTB/Tire Kingdom a good company overall. My experiences lately with my local store does not bode well for them at least in my eyes. I have been there in the past when NTB was Sears. But, the last two times that I have been there when NTB was Tire Kingdom company. I have had problems. Maybe this is coincidental.

First time, they did the alignment and told me my ball joint were bad. They were correct. The ball joint were bad. But, when I went to remove the ball joints the bolts on the upper control arm were finger tight. So, Oops -- they forgot to tighten the bolts. :blink:

Second time, I took it to them after I got the ball joints replaced. They did the alignment. I told them to align it per the following specs since my SportTrac has the X-Spec Kit (Camber: Neg 0.5 to 0, Caster: Max possible within 0.5 degree from side to side, and Toe in: 0.063 total). However, they aligned it as (Camber: LF -0.9 RF -0.6, Caster: LF 3.9 RF 4.5, and Toe LF -0.02 RF -0.05 for a Total Toe of -0.07) So, All three are just slightly out of specification, at least from the one that I gave them. It this the normal specification for a SportTrac?

Also, I asked them to do the "Free" balancing on the front tires since they have been wearing due to the alignment not being correct. However, I was told that I needed new tires. So, I asked did they put the tires on the balance machine to find out if they could be balenced. The answer was No. The tires are not that bad, although I admit I will need new ones in the future. :unsure:

So, What is the general consensus of NTB/Tire Kingdom? Do they do good work - else where in the country? I sure hope so.

I will sure think twice about going back. I may look elsewhere for my new tires or definately a different NTB store for my remaining years of alignment warrenty.

-- Peter Nystrom

Last edited by a moderator:
I only bought one set of tires from them, about 10yrs ago...they ruined a mag wheel and had to replace it..never went back..there stores are to far away for me to use anyway..

I had had nothing but trouble from (Not Too Bright aka NTB). The have a bad name here in my area! I took a car there once and they told me it needed all sorts of work. Well guess what they were wrong. I will never go back there.

I can't help you with NTB. But for what it's worth, Discount Tire is a good company. I worked there many years ago and customer service was pushed down from the top. Absolute number one priority was to make customer happy. Friend is now a store manager and it sounds like they still try to make customer happy. (having seen it from the other side, that is not always easy)

Just an update FYI,

My wife took the truck to Discount Tire. They balanced the front tires with no fanfair or tire sales pitch. Just $8 a tire. As PRM said customer service. Thank you -- Discount Tire. The tires were balanced just fine. So, NTB was just trying to sell a tire that I did not need. The slight vibration in the front is now gone. When the tires are actually worn out, I will definitely go back to Discount for their replacement.

Merchants/TK/NTB..... typical chain. Overpriced, fair quality.

I use 'em when I have to for alignment or balance. had them give me a price for struts on DW's Merc Sable...... 800.00. Needless to say, I will do it myself for about 400.00 and then just get the 39.99 alignemnt.

Latest posts